PDA

View Full Version : Newbee Frozen in Broad Brook

newbee
02-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Looks like nothing's flowing. It was sunny today, but probably only high 20's. Do I need to wait till the weather warms up? Had about 3 gallons but last 3 days, nothing?

Should I re tap?

Haynes Forest Products
02-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Newbee How many taps do you have? If on a good day you get 3 gallons then Im guessing 5-7 trees? Why the rush to tap. DO NOT RETAP wait till things thaw out and enjoy.

lafite
02-20-2011, 07:58 PM
you don't want to re-tap. your current taps will start to flow once the weather gets back to 20's at night and 40's during the day. It can be frustrating waiting for it and it never does it on your schedule!

Looks like a possible small run Wednesday and a better run Thursday but we will see.

This is a love hate relationship you are embarking on....but definitely worth it!!

newbee
02-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Haynes.. I have 6 taps now, and ordered 12 more hoping to tap them Tuesday. I just enjoyed it. Always wanted too, and I thnk I've got the bug. Will do on the no re-tap. It's like christmas morning again. Can't wait. Call me crazy.

Lafite. Thanks will do or shoudl I say won't do. It the antciaption I guess. I Really enjoyed the three gallons I got, and creating something from Nature.

Thanks for the Adivice