PDA

View Full Version : Sp22 rotation

jcb
02-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Does anyone know witch way? Clockwise or counter clockwise. Could it be put togther back wards? I want to run it with a gas motor but it turns the wrong way. thanks for your input

802maple
02-20-2011, 06:15 PM
This one I don't remember, but if you turn it over by hand and hold your hand on the inlet, if it sucks your hand to it, that is the way it goes, If not then it turns the other way. Also I think I remember an arrow on the side of the block indicating the direction.

Parker
02-20-2011, 06:47 PM
There is an arrow in the direction of rotation stamped in the head,, they turn the same direction of a gas motor ,,I had a vane pump that turned the wrong way one time,,had to turn the gas moter around on the stand to get it to work correctley,,,,,I dont think you can put an sp-22 together so it will run backwards.......if you cant find the arrow let me know and Ill run down to the barn and look at one of mine for you...GOOD LUCK!

Dennis H.
02-20-2011, 08:30 PM
On my sp22 looking at the large pulley on the pump head it turn counter clockwise. There is an arrow on the head that points in the direction of rotation