PDA

View Full Version : Pre-heater

White Barn Farm
11-01-2005, 06:16 PM
Brandon
I have been looking at your pre-heater on your website and have a few questions.
Is your copper pipe 3/4"?
Is there a way to reverse your pans the way you have your pre-heater set up?
How much slope is there in your pre-heater?
How deep is your condensate pan or is your pan and heater one unit?
What do feel is a realistic GPH to figure on?
That's all
Thanks, Ed

White Barn Farm
11-03-2005, 06:28 AM
Depth of condesate pan question....what I meant was is your condesate pan part of your steam hood?

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
11-03-2005, 08:01 AM
Ed,

My preheater is made out of 3/4" copper pipe. As far as reversing the pans, it goes into the float box on the flue pan as hot liquid and doesn't affect the reversing at all as it takes place into the flue pan regulator box. I just have to switch holes inside the box and it takes about 5 seconds and do the same on the syrup pan.

As far as the condensation pan, it is around 1 inch deep. It lifts out of the hood and has a lip on each end that sits down in the drip channel on the hood which is arpox 1" wide and 1 inch deep. The preheather then sits down in the adjustable brackets on the drip pan. As far as slope, the preheater is around 52 +/- inches long and it has around 3" slope which is probably too much.

Concerning the gph, it will probably give you a 10 to 15 percent increase. 10 percent is realistic and 15 is possible if you get the liquid coming out very hot. I think it gives me around 5gph. :D :D

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask! :D

scw
01-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Nice preheater, buck, and Kubota!

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-13-2006, 05:56 PM
Thanks! :D I am living the dream now I guess before I get too old as I will be 30 next month 8O . With 2 kids now, these kind of purchases are a thing of the past now. Eventually I will get all of the stuff paid for back into the family savings in a few years and it is nice to get to enjoy stuff like this with the kids as they grow up and not after they are grown! :D I plan on putting a kitchen and bedroom in the sugarhouse and use it as a hunting camp and a family getaway and camp! :D