PDA

View Full Version : Wind 50mph, Tank Down!

peckfarm
02-20-2011, 08:21 AM
Learn from my mistake:

The brand new 3x12 Lapierre tank blew over in the high winds on Friday night. It was on a 4 foot high wood frame and the whole thing just went right over. After securing it further to the stand with straps I used the winch to pull the whole contraption back up into place. Luckily I had not plumbed it in yet and the there was almost no visible damage. As of now the stand is anchored, the tank has 3 ratchet straps and the insurance company has an updated replacement value on everything. This summer, build tank house.

danno
02-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Glad to hear your new tank was not damaged. That would have been awful. Those high winds were bad. I had just finished working on vacuum leaks before the winds started, I'm sure I have more now with all the branches down. I did lose a mainline when a 65" anchor tree (oak), blew over. Thankfully it dropped parallel to the lats, so it only took down one or two lats along with the main. Are we having fun yet?

Bruce L
02-21-2011, 01:47 PM
We checked our bush the next day after the high winds,was worried about the new,snapping tight Leader 30P1" line being down,but it was unscathed.Only found three trees,no larger than 6" over some of the laterals,so it was a quick fix with the chainsaw,just wish it would warm up a little more here so we could finish getting ready.It was -27 here with the wind chill this morning!!!!!