PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to Maplerama???

Parker
07-24-2003, 03:38 AM
Who is going to Maplerama? My wife and I will be there on friday. Any suggestions on good places (cabin type places) to stay around the St.Jonsbury V.T. area? I would like to run into fellow "Maple Freaks" as my wife refers to us.

mapleman3
07-24-2003, 05:30 AM
"Maple Freaks" I love it, does she refer to herself as my wife does around boiling time as a "Maple Widow" ? :wink:
Jim

Al
07-24-2003, 07:29 AM
What is Maplerama? Live in Fairfield Vt. and I've never heard of it.

Parker
07-26-2003, 04:34 AM
Al- I saw an ad for maplerama in the FARMING mag. that has been talked about on this site. I cant find the add now but from what I remember maplerama is put on by a group of producers in the St. J VT. area and there are bus tours to 4-5 diffrent suger opperations. I cant seem to find the paperwork we got back in the mail either but I am sure if you call the St. J chamber of commerace they could tell you all about it. I know there are tours friday and saterday. Hope this helps Hey- do you know where buck hollow road is in Fairfield, VT?

Al
07-26-2003, 05:20 PM
Hey Parker, sure do. It's about 3-5 miles from my house. I'll have to remember about this event next year.

Brian
07-31-2003, 07:37 PM
I stopped by today and it starts tomorrow morning (Friday) at 9:00 a.m. The guy didn't offer much about what was going to be there, but said to stop back and check it out, so guess I'll have to play hookey tomorrow from work and go see. I live about 15 miles from St. Johnsbury. The next seminar I know of is at Goodrich's Maple Farm the first weekend of November and it's on tubing and vacuum.

Brian

Brian
08-01-2003, 08:47 AM
Jeremy,
Actually I've know Glen all my life, I can see his sugarhouse from my house. His parents' farm is right next to my Dad's and now I live not far from his sugarhouse. He has helped me a lot and if I have any problems, I just run down and bother him! :) When I was younger I used to go down and fill his wood carts before he went to oil. He has been a great help to me. He helped me set up my first vacuum system last spring.
Brian

Brian
08-01-2003, 05:59 PM
Jeremy

Glen mows road sides in the summer. He starts installing tubing systems in October and does this until the middle of feb. His family are A big part of it. He also disigned the steam away system that leader sells. I heard a roomer Glen is working on a disign for in the sugar house thats all i know.

Brian