PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here from Ontario

RyanB
02-18-2011, 06:54 AM
Hi All! Just wanted to introduce my self (my name is Ryan of course) and am from Ontario, Canada (Kitchener/Waterloo area).

I am a total hobiest and have been boiling now for 3 years since we bought our current home with 14 acre's of Hard Maple Bush. Up untill till this year I have been cooking just over a wood stove and am ready to upgrade to a home built arch. I have done a TON of reading and searching already (great site by the way!!!) and am curious if there is thread or other info somewhere on general ideas,how and arch actually works and info on general terms of the maple syrup industry.

Thanks in advance... RyanB

Haynes Forest Products
02-18-2011, 08:01 AM
Go on line and get to the sites. there are alot of info just type in Maple syrup evap arch and off you go. Then of coures you will want the North american maple producers manuel.

v. Deschenes
02-18-2011, 08:20 AM
haha hello Ryan nice to meet you .. i live up north ontario where sault ste marie is.. right now i have to make a stove and it has to be ready in less then a month haha im going to use cement blocks and use a big pan to boil and when its allmost done ill just bring it inside and finish it... LOL this is my first year haha in 2 acres land and have 100s of maples most of them will be tappable in 10- 15 ,, and a few in a few years.. only 10 are big enough for now hahah.. hope my first year will be a good one ..