PDA

View Full Version : Sugaring movie on MPBN tonight at 10:30

Revi
02-17-2011, 06:37 AM
A short 15 minute movie on maple sugaring called The Music of the Sugarbush is on MPBN's Community films tonight at 10:30. It will also be on Sunday night at 11:30, but that's way past my bedtime. It's about our little sugaring operation in Skowhegan and was made by Nelson Cole of New Farmer Films. He filmed one season and condensed 100 hours of film down to 15 mins. Check it out. It's also linked to my signature below on youtube. Please let me know what you think.

stephen wheeler
02-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Just watched your film on YouTube. That was very enjoyable. It looks like you guys have a lot of fun sugaring. I believe I learned a couple of things watching your operation. Growing up, my father had a slight variation on your saying about boys working. He said one boy is a boy, two boys are half and three boys are none. Anyway thanks for the movie and hope you have a great season. Steve

GramaCindy
02-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Really nice Video guys. Good lessons learned as well.

Fishgill
02-17-2011, 05:49 PM
Just watched it. Great video. Now I'm really ready to go.:lol:

adk1
02-17-2011, 07:41 PM
yes great video, I ahve watched it a few times in the past

benchmark
02-17-2011, 08:50 PM
Clicked on youtube link thinking i would log it onto the my computers history and watch it later, but ended up watching the whole thing. Great video! Cant wait to tapping and boiling!

Revi
02-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Nelson Cole is the filmmaker, and I think he tells a great story. It was in the international film festival last summer. It was really fun. He was psyched that it was on MPBN.

I just watched it again, and maybe I'm biased but it was really fun to watch.

JuniperHillSugar
02-18-2011, 09:23 AM
Revi:

Enjoyed the film again on PBS. Great to see the boys working at such a great hobby. Hey, we were boys once too!! Have a great season and good luck.

JuniperHillSugar