PDA

View Full Version : The Maple Hut sap content

softmaple
02-16-2011, 06:36 PM
well i collected for the first time tonight, 1/2 gallon per tap average. but i tested the norways by themselves and the content was 3.1 percent sugar. the over all content was 3.5, thats with silvers and sugar maples too. i got pictures to prove it too.2696

Tithis
02-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Great to hear about the norways. If mine here are that high I'll be very happy :)

briansickler
02-16-2011, 08:10 PM
That's great to here. I have several big Norways around the house. They are getting so big they may have to be taken down soon. Four are really close to the house. Two of them have been cabled to avoid the one main lead from splitting off into the house. I'll be tapping them to see how they do. My grandfather planted them in the fifties. I wish they were sugars.:rolleyes:

Brian

briansickler
02-16-2011, 08:17 PM
That's great to here. I have several big Norways around the house. They are getting so big they may have to be taken down soon. Four are really close to the house. Two of them have been cabled to avoid the one main lead from splitting off into the house. I'll be tapping them to see how they do. My grandfather planted them in the fifties. I wish they were sugars.:rolleyes:

Brian

PS They've never been tapped before. Gramps and his Dad only tapped the sugars.