PDA

View Full Version : Lapierre end line slide fittings with hooks

chrisnjake9
02-16-2011, 04:17 PM
i bought some of these but forgot how they work the Lapierre video on you tube doesn't show it well enough any help would be great :lol:

Gary R
02-16-2011, 06:28 PM
The two halves come apart. Put one over and the other under the tubing. then slide together until it is tight on the tubing. I believe Lappierre wraps all the way around the tree. The length of your drop will be hanging out the end of the slide fitting. This is fast but in doing this your sap still has to go up hill a little to get around the tree. My dealer showed me to make a loop of tubing around the tree using an connector (splice). The slide fitting then hook on to this loop. Your drop is still hanging out the slide fitting. No up hill for any sap. Very time consuming though. A large producer would not bother.

lafite
02-16-2011, 09:18 PM
The two halves come apart. Put one over and the other under the tubing. then slide together until it is tight on the tubing. I believe Lappierre wraps all the way around the tree. The length of your drop will be hanging out the end of the slide fitting. This is fast but in doing this your sap still has to go up hill a little to get around the tree. My dealer showed me to make a loop of tubing around the tree using an connector (splice). The slide fitting then hook on to this loop. Your drop is still hanging out the slide fitting. No up hill for any sap. Very time consuming though. A large producer would not bother.

I'm very interested in your description of this. Could you please elaborate on how this is done? I would love for the sap not to go around the last tree.

I have 4 long gravity lines that I would love to be more efficient at the end tree.

whalems
02-16-2011, 09:40 PM
I use the d&g y fitting and and end ring on the last tree. seems to work good.

chrisnjake9
02-17-2011, 12:17 AM
i see how the two piece slide would work but there is a strap also a separate piece what is this for what is this for

Gary R
02-17-2011, 05:00 AM
The slide fitting is made to hook onto the mainline. The strap attaches to where the wire would have been and allows you to hook onto tubing. If I have time I'll post a picture.

whalems
02-17-2011, 07:53 AM
The "y's" don't have holes in them only the center. You take a piece of tube that will wrap around the tree and hook to one side of the Y and then take a 3" to 4" piece of tube to the other side put the end ring in that pull the tubing thru the ring and tension it up. No sap going around the tree anymore:)

whalems
02-17-2011, 07:54 AM
I will try and take a pic of one today so it makes more sense.

lafite
02-17-2011, 08:07 AM
I will try and take a pic of one today so it makes more sense.

I would greatly appreciate it. I have the fittings but I'm new with the gravity lines. they are already starting to flow today! :)

lafite
02-17-2011, 08:09 AM
I'm also not using a mainline. Just the 5/16 tubing.