PDA

View Full Version : Recycle your tubing!

theschwarz1
02-16-2011, 09:43 AM
Does anyone take advantage of this?
http://maple.dnr.cornell.edu/RecyclingMapleTubing2010Jan11-1%20%282%29.pdf

ennismaple
02-16-2011, 12:05 PM
There's no program like that near us so I've offered up any old tubing and mainline to a few local hobbyists who will gladly come and take it away. It saves me a trip to the dump!

jasonl6
02-16-2011, 02:30 PM
Our system of recycling is screwed up in this country. For example. My wife is from the Philippines and there you get paid for everything. There are junk shops set up all over the place. You have newspaper they will pay you by the kilo, same for glass, plastic ect. Here the way our current system is setup you have to drive way out of the way at your expense and fuel to give it away so they can sell it further down the line just so you can feel good (no other reward).

Thats my rant

I take mine to the transfer station...

Jason

NH Maplemaker
02-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Jason you are right! Someone told me just today that the only way this country will ever start recycling is to make it very expensive not to! I'm not a fan of that theory, but he may be right!Jim L.

Haynes Forest Products
02-17-2011, 04:51 PM
When the Chinese start buy up scrap again then things will change. If I hear one more kid tell me about saving the planet. I have neighbors that will put a few boxs in the car and drive to the recycle place and then feel good about it. I like it when you take a complete playskool house slide and 4 bicyles complete patio set made of Aluminum and put it on the curb with a bag of cans and all they recycle is the 1 OZ worth of beer cans. WE dont recycle in this country we pay to make people feel good. Do you know how many people have died because of getting run over by recyle trucks.......................THE HORROR..............THE HORROR

OK I recycle at home but all the good stuff gets stripped and taken in for the cash.