PDA

View Full Version : calling Canadians

dads hobby
10-14-2005, 10:54 PM
Just curious as to how many of us there are out there that use this forum, and mabe if anyone knows about mabe a canadian version of this type of forum. :? Not that i do not enjoy this site, I just want to have a little more canadian input. :?

murferd
10-15-2005, 12:20 PM
I'm from central New Brunswick,we tap around 600 with my father (85),2 brothers & brother-in-law.Haven't been able to find anything on Canadian content,most of the maple produced is in Quebec,there might be something in french,but that wouldn't do me any good.Besides this is a good site ,even if you have to filter some of the "Americian"crap out sometimes.

NH Maplemaker
10-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Murray, Looked at your pic's, Nice set up!! Thats no crap!!!

murferd
10-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Thanks, Maplemaker,your setup looks real good as well,looked like alot of steam around the evaporator was that before you put the stack through the roof.I would like to see a closer picture of your bottling station was that a bottler/finisher on the cupboard?Having fun is what it's all about,so the more we can take the work out of it the more fun it is.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
10-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Both of you guys have very nice looking setups! :D :D

NH Maplemaker
10-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Murray, That pic was taken the frist year we used that evaporator. We didn't have steam hood for the front pan yet!! The next season we added a front hood and that took care of the steam,
Yes that is what we use as a canner that you see on the shelf. It's an old coffe maker we picked up! It has a water jacket and is heated by propane! I will try to get a few better pic's of it for you! We run the syrup into the filter press and up the hose into the canner/coffe pot,holds about ten gallon.
I will let you know if I can get new pic up!!

NH Maplemaker
10-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Thanks Brandon , Was wondering if you had a chance to look at my pic's yet!! Can't waite to see your new set up in action. How did your wood project go this weeked? Hope your weather was better than ours!!!
We split wood all after noon for some old folks that live up the road aways.
I took my farm truck and wood splitter over to the wood lot. We split it there,then took wood to there house were there grand kids stack it for them.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
10-16-2005, 08:32 PM
The comment about both of your setups was referring to yours also. I did get to split some wood this weekend, but didn't get too much done. I did cut and haul a 6x16' trailer load of wood, so I should have the majority of mine cut and hauled, I just need to get the rest of it split and stacked. :D

The weather was perfect for working, in the 40's early and 70 later in the day. I had a church picnic that the wife demanded I go with her to, so I had to cut if off real early and spent about 3 hours playing football at the picnic. 8O