PDA

View Full Version : Alstead, NH

WF MASON
10-13-2005, 05:09 AM
I'm sure most here in the northeast have seen the pictures on the news of Alstead , NH , after 10'' of rain last weekend , washing away a big part of the town, roads, houses,people.One picture showed a sap holding tank washed into the trees downstream, I spoke with Liz Bascom , they are operating on cell phones as the phones and power poles were washed away , access is from the road from the north. No internet access or orders. Thank god they are at the top of the mountian.

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
10-13-2005, 06:22 AM
post edited

Al
10-13-2005, 09:01 AM
Contacted Chris of the Mapletrader and there doing fine there. Boy what a mess!

themapleking
10-13-2005, 05:56 PM
No orders! That explains why I haven't got my exchange order from them. O well I'll have to what till it stops raining.
They said it might keep raining till next week or longer. :?

mapleman3
10-13-2005, 09:46 PM
as long as it stops before next weekends adirondak trip 8O

MASSEY JACK
10-14-2005, 11:13 AM
WHAT ADIRONDACK TRIP??

NH Maplemaker
10-14-2005, 01:24 PM
One thing about it, if water in the ground is what's needed for sap production; We shoud be in great shape!!! Thats if the trees don't wash away frist.

syrupmaker
10-14-2005, 09:17 PM
MASSEY JACK (and anybody else)......Adirondack trip is next Weekend Oct. 21st - 23rd near the Stillwater Resivoir East of Lowville N.Y.. Mapleman,Mapleking,Rooster,Pete and myself (Maybe that guy from Pumpkin Village ???????) are heading up to get together and pass some time and talk maple. If you interested, come on up, over or down. Meet ,eat and shoot the bull with us.

Rick

NH Maplemaker
10-15-2005, 07:39 AM
Weather update! I live just short ways north of Alstaed, Keene NH. area. It started raining here late yesterday after noon and it rained very hard all night,and is still raining very hard at this time!! Lets keep our fingers crossed for the folks in the affected areas!!!!!! Most of the small dams can't take much more of this weather.

Al
10-15-2005, 08:39 AM
The Pumpkin Village guy can't make it this year. Just got the wife out of the doctors office and have to stay around the homestead. When you guy's go don't believe a word of any story Rick tells. Now Rooster on the other hand his stories are all true. :D Try to make them happy stories since Jim will be crying in his beer about the Yankees. :D Take care and have a great time. :D

syrupmaker
10-15-2005, 11:28 AM
Al..... We'll miss you for sure. :cry: Gotta take care of the momma for sure ! What's this BS about my stories ? Tall tales maybe, but ya gotta make the stories JUICY right. :roll: Never a lie though :wink: I agree with Jim,hope the weather tames down for that weekend. We have been up there before when the culverts washed out and had to wait it out a spell for the town to redo the roads.

mapleman3
10-15-2005, 12:36 PM
Al, what are you talking about... I'm glad the Yankees lost... I'm a Red Sox Fan of course!! Don't you remember last years trip????

Al
10-15-2005, 03:40 PM
Yankees/Red Soxs!! All the same thing. :lol: :lol: