PDA

View Full Version : looking for maple frosting ideas......

maplefrank
02-12-2011, 08:08 PM
monday is my little maple mans birthday and i want to make him a heart shaped cake w/maple frosting and am looking for a frosting recipe..........

Haynes Forest Products
02-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Woooooo its the best having those little crystals brushed all over a maple cake. NOPE dont have the recipe but I did get one as a thank you for the syrup I was giving out. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

oldtimesugar
02-14-2011, 06:15 PM
3/4 cup maply syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla

Boil syrup and sugar until it threads when dropped from the tip of a spoon.
Pour slowly into stiffly beaten egg white, beating constantly until it holds its shape. Add vanilla and spread quickly over 8-inch square cake.

ComputerSteve
03-20-2011, 12:00 AM
Here's a thread complete with frosting AND cake... yummy!

http://mapletrader.com/community/showthread.php?t=9120

sugardaddy's
04-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Dark syrup (to taste)
chream cheese 1 pkg
confection sugar
and a teaspoon of vanilla
play around with ingrediants to get firmness or softness to your liking. for a more cake like frosting use blue bonnet butter(stick type) instead of cream cheese.

Tmeeeh
04-17-2011, 04:04 PM
We often use maple cream. Warm it up slightly above room temperature and stir it to make it soft and spreadable. It will stiffen up on the cake.

To make maple cream, the only ingredient is maple syrup
Boil syrup to around 235 degrees
Cool the cooked syrup in the pot it was cooked in quickly in a cold water bath
Don't stir the cooked syrup until it is somewhat above room temperature
Now stir until it is thick and has a satin gloss don't worry about stirring too much.
Use it right away or save it for later. If it is too thick to spread warm it in the microwave

wiam
04-17-2011, 06:28 PM
My daughter has made it just replacing confectioners sugar with dry maple sugar.

William