PDA

View Full Version : Converging Opposite Lines Tee Into Releaser

twofer
02-12-2011, 06:05 PM
My releaser manifold only has four ports on it and I have a 3/4" and 1" coming from completely opposite directions. My original idea was to put a reducer on the 1" line and tie the 3/4" into it. This way all I would have to do is put a tee in the 1" and only take up one port on the manifold. Today I got to thinking that it might not be a good idea because the sap flows are going to collide at the tee before entering the manifold and this might cause too much turbulence and impede vacuum transfer. Below is an ASCII sketch of what I'm talking about.

1" Mainline
|
|
1" Tee -- Releaser
|
|
1"x3/4" Reducer
|
|
3/4" Mainline

Should I just tie up two ports?

markct
02-12-2011, 07:18 PM
i would go into seperate ports if possible for best vac transfer and also i realy like being able to see what is flowing from each line

NH Maplemaker
02-12-2011, 09:37 PM
twofer, Is there enough room on the manifold to drill and tape additional holes? I have add holes on mine! Just a thought. Jim L.

lmathews
02-13-2011, 06:43 AM
Also with individual ports you can find which line has a leak if you lose vac.

DrTimPerkins
02-13-2011, 06:48 AM
Also with individual ports you can find which line has a leak if you lose vac.

And just as importantly, if it's a separate line you can shut if off if you have to make a major repair without impacting the rest of your lines.

Haynes Forest Products
02-13-2011, 07:36 PM
twofer You didnt mention VALVES dont be so cheap that you dont do it right. Every line should have a valve and a union. The valve so you can close off a mainline to see vacuum level change.for finding leaky sections. If you need to repair a mainline you can shut it down and keep vacuum to the other lines. Unions so you can remove unit from system for cleaning or repair without trying to pull off the poly. Cheap is COSTLY:o

twofer
02-14-2011, 08:50 AM
twofer You didnt mention VALVES dont be so cheap that you dont do it right. Every line should have a valve and a union. The valve so you can close off a mainline to see vacuum level change.for finding leaky sections. If you need to repair a mainline you can shut it down and keep vacuum to the other lines. Unions so you can remove unit from system for cleaning or repair without trying to pull off the poly. Cheap is COSTLY:o

No worries there. I have valves and unions on everything I thought might ever need to be shut off or disconnected. So keep in mind if you head to the Menard's local to me they might be running a little bit low. :)