PDA

View Full Version : commercial coffee urn

jmayerl
02-10-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm looking at getting one but for you guy that use them, is there a way to adjust the temp on them. The one I'm looking at is water jacketed, but I don't see a reostat on it.

NH Maplemaker
02-10-2011, 08:58 PM
I can't speak to all of them, but the one I have you can adjust the temp! It also has a night setting so you don't need to drain when done for the day.They work very well!! JimL.

Haynes Forest Products
02-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Im with NHMM I dont think they sell a commercial Coffee Maker without a temp controller. Of the 2 I have had they all had them.

jmayerl
02-17-2011, 11:54 PM
OK, so I ended up buying the coffee maker, I will now refer to it as the canner since that just sounds better. It is very clean so I just need to wire it up and see how it heats. Some questions, so you just put a flat filter where the coffee filter would normally go and filter it that way? are the valves that are on them ok or should I put on ball valves? any other hints would be great, it appears to hold almost 5 gallons on each side so Im thinkin i got a good deal on it.

NH Maplemaker
02-18-2011, 08:04 AM
jmayerl, Can't help on the filtering, as i use filter press! But as far as the valve they are fine to use. If yours are the type that come apart you may want to check inside them and clean good. They will probably be all dark brown and burnt looking! (the stoppers are Rubbery) They just pull off the plastic handle part. Very gently as plastic may be brittle from heat! The hole plastic part is replaceable and can be gotten from restaurant supply places. You will need the make and model Number. I have A Phone # for parts some wear here if you need it. Just PM me. Also when you have the handle all apart, you can run a very small brush Thu the tube that goes in the bottom of caner to make sure all old coffee is cleaned out! JimL.

Haynes Forest Products
02-18-2011, 08:08 AM
You did good. Yes you can use the filters for coffee as a finel filter for the syrup. Use the valves that come on it. Plus make sure you pull the water level rod out and clean it. It keeps the water jacket from running dry and burning the elements up. Dont let it freeze solid and have fun. OH YEA if you use it to put syrup in cans then its a canner if you use it to put it in bottles then its....................................SHUT UP dang your annoying Chuck

jmayerl
03-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Slow day at work so I got the bottler cleaned(lots of vinegar, and CLR) but I can't get the liners out for a really good scrubing so I'm just going to let it stay hot with vinegar in it for the whole day. Ordered new seats and springs for the valves as back ups. So if I don't get the evaporator up in running in the next week every can come over and drink coffee from the 12 gallon bottler. Think it was a steal now that I know everything works right!

jmayerl
03-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Here she is all cleaned up and ready to bottle. I built 3 different size tops for the shelf depending on what size bottle we are using at the time. Each shelf gets the bottle within 1/2 inch of the filler.

Haynes Forest Products
03-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Looks good. Dont try and get the tanks out they can be a bear to reseal. Whats nice is you can use the brew cycle to wash things down. At the end of your bottling just swing arm over and start brew cycle and clean away.

BobU
03-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Hey Jmayer, really nice bottler, just a heads up that semi-flat grey painted cover with the knockouts in rows down the center(on the floor to the left of the bottler) is your electrical panel cover, would work good to cover the "live" parts of your electrical panel. JUST JOKING, :lol:
I'm just envious we don't have power at our sugarin spot. I "need !!" syrup season to get here soon.
Have a great season, w/ lotsa gallons thru the bottler

NH Maplemaker
03-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Jeff, Yes that is the very same unit that I have! JimL.

Haynes Forest Products
03-08-2011, 09:52 PM
If I recall NH Maple has 2 of them and they both look good:)

NH Maplemaker
03-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Haynes, you can never have to maney!LOL

schmidt's
03-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Hey Jeff didn't you tell me you were donating that to our shack? HAHA! If you find another for that price let me know.

Haynes Forest Products
03-12-2011, 12:08 AM
NHM I was looking around my shack and I believe I have to many of alot of things. I stopped at Jims place in Green Bay and dropped off a load of stuff I cant store and said get rid of it for whatever