PDA

View Full Version : Pans Are On The Arch

briansickler
02-09-2011, 10:27 PM
I've got the arch all bricked now. I set the pans on tonight with the rail gasket. Mounted the float box and made all connections. Tomorrow I'll set up the preheater and start plumbing in for the feed tank. We are getting close to tappin' time. I'll be all ready to roll by the end of the week. Bring it!!!

Brian

3rdgen.maple
02-10-2011, 03:09 AM
Looks good. Isnt it just amazing how much we all druel over a finely bricked arch.

briansickler
02-10-2011, 07:06 AM
Thanks 3rdgen. I hope to do a test boil over the weekend. After I have a couple of small fires to finish cure the refractory cement. I'm hoping my feed tanks arrives by Friday. I ordered a 100 gallon Dallaire stainless tank to go up in the loft. It's in the hands of Van Auken freight somewhere. If not, I'll hook up a temporary feed tank to test boil and clean the new pans. Have a good one.

Brian

3rdgen.maple
02-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Well its in good hands, Im a pretty well aquanted with the Van Auken brothers. They do a very good job and have used them in my line of work. Good news for you is they just had their truck in the Garage for some repairs so its good to go. I see them probably once a week.

briansickler
02-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Well its in good hands, Im a pretty well aquanted with the Van Auken brothers. They do a very good job and have used them in my line of work. Good news for you is they just had their truck in the Garage for some repairs so its good to go. I see them probably once a week.

One of the Van Auken brothers called at about 5:00 p.m. My tank will be here by noon tomorrow...Friday. Just in time....The temperatures are looking really favorable from Sunday on. I may put out some buckets over the weekend. :)

Brian

briansickler
02-10-2011, 07:58 PM
More pics of pans.

Brian

jasonl6
02-11-2011, 07:22 AM
:twisted: Something about new SS is downright sexy.

briansickler
02-11-2011, 08:40 PM
I was able to get the preheater all set up and the hood on. The baby is born. Everything went together beautifully. She's like a baby beast just waiting to guzzle some sap. My new pride and joy. O.K. I'll stop...

Brian

ADKMAPLE
02-11-2011, 08:44 PM
wow, what a beauty setup, you must surely be a proud papa!