PDA

View Full Version : Main Line/Transfer Line

Littlesap
02-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Hey Guys,

I have ~75 taps on vac that empty into a collection tank down at the bottom of a hill from my sugar house. I have a little 4-cycle pump that will push the sap up the hill and into my feed tank - distance and rise fit the specs on the box (last year I did this by hand with a five gallon bucket).

I need to get a hose that will go from the pump about 250' to the feed tank and wondering if anyone has an good suggestion for what type. I've thought about main line but I would need to disconnect at least a couple of sections to clear space during non maple season. Is there anything out there that can be reeled up like a garden hose?

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
02-09-2011, 09:35 PM
I have 2 locations like this that I have to pump 75 to 100 feet to the tractor from the tanks and I have 1" black plastic pipe with 9 gauge wire on a slope so the line empties itself. On one setup the line goes uphill to the tractor and on the other setup it goes downhill to the tractor. It you can do something permanent like this with wire tires, it works a lot better and I have quick couplings on my 1" Tanaka and on each end of the black plastic 1" line.

Thad Blaisdell
02-10-2011, 04:59 AM
just use 1/2 inch black pipe right on the ground. get the sap pumped up and make sure the pipe gets drained out so it doesnt freeze solid. the last little bit bring up in a bucket.