PDA

View Full Version : Releaser platform photos

sapman
02-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Just wondering if anyone has photos of these. Specifically, when the releaser must be set down in the tank a ways. The bottom of mine (double vertical Bernard) is about 10" below the top, and I've never been real happy with the one I made. Should probably be stainless for when it gets submerged.

sugarstone
02-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Just wondering if anyone has photos of these. Specifically, when the releaser must be set down in the tank a ways. The bottom of mine (double vertical Bernard) is about 10" below the top, and I've never been real happy with the one I made. Should probably be stainless for when it gets submerged.

I think there is one in the Lapeirre catalogue.

My double sits on two boards on top of my 1000gal tank. Will eventually go with a stainless rack sometime. Sap splashes and the wood gets scummy through the year.....don't need more stuff to clean around here.

Homestead Maple
02-08-2011, 08:36 PM
My re-leasers used to sit on wood also until I found some store shelving, display rack or however you might call it, that is made of wire mesh. The stuff I was able to find has a nice painted finish to it.

sapman
02-08-2011, 09:37 PM
I've thought of taking my existing platform down to the local shop and have them pattern something after it. Just hope it would fit well when I actuallly try it. I hear you about having to clean the wood!

Haynes Forest Products
02-09-2011, 12:00 AM
My double sits on a sheet of plywood (Non Food Grade:emb:) over the big tank amd the other sits on the tank cover ledge. Im no happy with either set up. Jim Shumacker is working on a solution for the dumping splash gards for me:)........................Hey Jim now your under the gun:lol: