PDA

View Full Version : Questions about bricking lappierre

prairiegirl
02-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi, I've been searching the forums, but can't find the answer I'm looking for. We have a new lapierre/waterloo 2x8 storm evaporator and are in the process of cementing the brick into the arch. How do you deal with the ridges on the bottom of the arch? Do you have to cut notches into the bottom of the bricks, so they lay flat?
Any info or pictures would be helpful. Thanks,
Shirley

thenewguy
02-09-2011, 12:45 AM
try and cut the brick on a 45 on the end. should come close to lining up. i just finished one, do you have arch board in it too?

prairiegirl
02-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Ok, Thanks. Yes, we have 1/2" arch board. We just put it on the sides. Did you put it on the bottom of the slope as well? I was think we should probably put it there as well.

thenewguy
02-09-2011, 11:22 AM
i arch boarded the whole inside of the arch (bottom too), brick from the side first, then the bottom. then the ash pit last, its not mandatory that you brick it, it it might keep your stainless from turning blue

Dennis H.
02-09-2011, 03:00 PM
I got a lapierre 2x5 this year and bricked and archboarded it.
This is what I did. Mine also had the ridges that you mentioned.
I layed in archboard 1st and cut the ends of the archboard at an angle to match the ridges. The archboard just came to the top of each ridge.
I then covered the archboard with firebrick. I used splits for firebrick. They are 1/2 as thick as the fulls.

If I can find the posting I made of my evap I will add a link below.