PDA

View Full Version : 1000Gal Roundbottom

OneLegJohn
02-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Here it is fellas. We just finished it on Friday. It is 20ga bright anneal 304L Stainless. Dimensions are 16' LongX4.5' WideX30" High. It has a 2" overflow and drain. Everything is tig welded. The next we are going to try is a 500 gallon and a 2000 gallon. Looking at the price of new ones, I think I need to start selling these... It helps when I order larger quantities of SS.

cpmaple
02-08-2011, 08:20 AM
nice looking all of ya did a great job building the tank

tom jr.
02-08-2011, 09:58 AM
john, let me know if your going to start selling those, I'll be your first customer!!

OneLegJohn
02-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Thanks, CP/Tom. I'm proud of this. The quality and craftsmanship is second to none. We had 40 man hours in this prototype if you include cad design. I showed a dealer friend of mine on the way to the sugarhouse. He was impressed. The benefit to us Midwesterners is the savings on freight! Do you think there is a need for quality, American made sap tanks, at a fair price?

gmcooper
02-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Do you think there is a need for quality, American made sap tanks, at a fair price?

I kind of think that goes without saying. Very nice job on the tank!
Mark
'

mapleack
02-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks, CP/Tom. I'm proud of this. The quality and craftsmanship is second to none. We had 40 man hours in this prototype if you include cad design. I showed a dealer friend of mine on the way to the sugarhouse. He was impressed. The benefit to us Midwesterners is the savings on freight! Do you think there is a need for quality, American made sap tanks, at a fair price?

Good looking tank, and yes there's a need for sure.

OneLegJohn
02-08-2011, 05:21 PM
I kind of think that goes without saying. Very nice job on the tank!
Mark
'

I guess, I assumed that sugar makers wouldn't buy from a company that specializes in just sap tanks. Meaning, they buy finishers and evaporators from their favorite big-name maple equipment company and would just buy sap tanks from what ever brand they are loyal to. Maybe I found a niche.

Thad Blaisdell
02-08-2011, 05:47 PM
I just priced a small tank....300 gallons to hold hot water... they wanted $1100. I thought that was a bit much.

farmall h
02-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Nice job guys....I think your onto something good. You know, you can get sheet ss in longer lengths and widths. Maybe only require one weld seam. Do you guys roll the sheet before welding or just place it in the rack and clamp?:)

tuckermtn
02-08-2011, 08:18 PM
I would rather support the smaller producer who does high quality work than the bigger manufacturers. I think Bill Mason will be making the next evaporator I buy....

Price it right, make a some $$ for you time, post em on the trader and I think your on to something...

heus
02-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Nate I would be interested in one some day.

OneLegJohn
02-10-2011, 07:18 AM
You got it, my friend. You can pick it up, factory fresh!

Maplewalnut
02-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Nice looking tanks. I am with Eric, I tend to support the small local guy if I can. Schedule a bulk delivery once or twice a summer for the smaller tanks and you'll get even more customers.

OneLegJohn
02-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Small meaning, 500 gallon tanks or 50 gallon tanks? We discussed different sizes today. And ways to reduce the amount of weld seams. We are looking at running a weld seam along the bottom of the tank, lengthwise toward the drain. I think it would be fine, just wondering if that is acceptable to other producers.

michiganfarmer2
02-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Small meaning, 500 gallon tanks or 50 gallon tanks? We discussed different sizes today. And ways to reduce the amount of weld seams. We are looking at running a weld seam along the bottom of the tank, lengthwise toward the drain. I think it would be fine, just wondering if that is acceptable to other producers.

Any weld that doesnt leak is acceptable.

Nice job! IM gonna need one that size in a year or two

tuckermtn
02-10-2011, 07:20 PM
I think I'll be in the market for a 1500 or 2000 gal for next season...and likewise, any weld that doesn't leak is good to me...