PDA

View Full Version : Intensofire

dshansen
02-03-2011, 08:42 PM
I am considering trading in my 3X12 maple pro for a 3.5X14 intensofire,
Any feedback positive or negative on the Intensofire unit??

ennismaple
02-04-2011, 12:31 PM
The promo video looks cool but I haven't seen one in action. Good luck.

dschultz
02-04-2011, 02:01 PM
I had a 3x12 and went to a 4x14 intensofire I have no regrets about the rig, BUT,if I had to do over I would of kept the 3x12 and bought a RO instead.And the reason I say that is you can buy a RO cheaper then you can a new evaporator

Eric McLellan
02-04-2011, 05:44 PM
I have had some issue's with my intensofire II.

1) air adjustment cables have melted against fire box behind stainless side, which then make them so you can't pull them open or closed.
2) Spark arrestor screen on top of the stack plugs up. Been told it's from burning soft wood. They now have a larger sreen on top. Make sure you tell them what type wood you generally burn.
3) The cement casting above door where air tubes are is falling apart. Also all the bricks inside the rig are cracking badly. This unit came from factory all ready bricked.
4) Above issue's have been reported to CDl in St Albans many times over the summer since last season. They replaced cables twice, Once last season and then it took them all summer to replace them the second time. Just replaced them last week. Other issue's were reported to them last season and they have stated that they were going to fix them and still haven't done repairs. There service suck's, I wouldn't buy another rig from them again. If repairs aren't made in the next week, I will get thru this season and possibly yank the _ _ _ _ing thing out and return it to them while it's still under the so called warranty.

nymapleguy607
02-04-2011, 05:45 PM
The promo video looks cool but I haven't seen one in action. Good luck.

Where did you find the promo videos?

ennismaple
02-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Where did you find the promo videos?

CDL's president and one of their salesman came to our local OMSPA meeting 2 weeks ago and did a presentation on the Intensofire and Rapi-tube. I know they have the Rapi-tube video on YouTube so maybe the Intensofire video is there too?