PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl

maple ridge tappers
01-30-2011, 12:02 PM
With all the maple traders from Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania I haven't read any hipe about the superbowl?
Well hears my two cents- The Packers are going to Kick A$$ :D

Can't wait to see were this thread goes!

maple connection
01-30-2011, 01:49 PM
I am hoping for the same result. Go Pack!!!!:lol:

ehafkey
01-30-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm with my fellow Cheeseheads, GO PACK!!! Out hanging tubing today we're getting closer to go time. Good luck to everyone with their maples.

wegnerwelding
01-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Living in Green Bay, we've got our Super Bowl parties all planned. Jerseys set aside, and fingers crossed. This is the 2nd time since I've been alive that they are going all the way, and am pretty excited. Green Bay is only 102,000 people so everybody....well amost everybody has the fever. I still have to convert a friend who is a Bears fan, but he was raised that way(from IL.)

GO PACK!!

heus
01-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Anybody but the Steelers (I'm a Browns fan)

Ausable
01-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Who else ---- The Green Bay Packers

peckfarm
01-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Yer all lucky the Pats took the post season off...go Pack!

Haynes Forest Products
01-30-2011, 07:02 PM
Having my operation 65 miles from Green Bay and living in Colorado Im rooting for Green Bay to win this time:lol: I must say that the last time I went to Denver Broncos it was against Green Bay and went into overtime and packers had the ball first and Brett threw a Hail Mary on his first posession for a touchdown:mad:

I was stunned by how many Cheese Heads were in the stands I would say 55% Denver to 45% Packers good fun crowd without a lick of trouble NOT like the Raiders:razz: GO PACK

Monster Maples
01-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Not only will Wisconsin people be rooting for the Packers, Browns fans will be rooting for them as well. There are only two teams I root for during football season, the Browns and whoever is playing the Steelers.:)

Dan W
01-30-2011, 08:34 PM
We'll see!

Rhino
01-30-2011, 08:49 PM
With our defense and Rodgers at the helm.....we should coast right into a superbowl victory!! Gonna be fun to watch.

syrupkid
01-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Being from Wisconsin most assume I'm a Packer fan... I am not. I dont really hate them either though, with that said it is my opinion that the Steelers will win but not by much more than a touchdown.

Dave Y
01-31-2011, 05:07 AM
Being from Wisconsin most assume I'm a Packer fan... I am not. I dont really hate them either though, with that said it is my opinion that the Steelers will win but not by much more than a touchdown.
Now there is an intellegent opinion!

sapmaple
01-31-2011, 06:35 AM
I'm really not much of a football fan but do watch the super bowl every year This year my son invited me to a super bowl party where everyone is rooting for the steelers only because the pats , jets and eagles are not there :lol: so I'll support my son and root for the packers because he's been a packers fan since he could see the colors green and yellow. Plus I'm a Matt Kenseth (NASCAR) fan and he an advid packers fan AND Rogers is an awesome running quarterback
GO Packers

Gary R
01-31-2011, 06:46 AM
Who has the best rated defense? And why would anyone call themselves titletown when they only have a measly three of them:lol: Go Steelers!

Dill
01-31-2011, 09:17 AM
Well anything has to be better than the Pro "bowl" yesterday. I couldn't keep my eyes open. I was really hoping for a Pat's/Packers rematch.
I'm up in the air for who to root for, if that same Rodgers that danced around the falcons shows up they are going to smash the Steelers. Should be a great low scoring defensive game.

Dave Y
01-31-2011, 09:32 AM
I was hoping for a Pats/Steeler rematch in the AFC championship game. We didnt get that either.I think this years Game will be one of the best we have seen for awhile. A lot of western Pa connections on both sides of the ball. This is where football is played as it was intended. Smash mouth football.

Haynes Forest Products
01-31-2011, 12:13 PM
Gary R I think its because of their title wins before it became know as the super bowl. Its just like calling the Cowboys Americas team.

BarnumtownBoiler
01-31-2011, 02:53 PM
Thank God I don't have to listen to the Pats fans up here in Vermont anymore this year!! Green Bay is the ONLY NFL team owned by the people of the city which is SO refreshing!! I have been a Packer Fan since 1965 and Aaron Rodgers is a class act, on and off the field! GO PACK!!.... now where did I put that cheesehead........

40 buckets
Arctic cat 4wheeler
oil tank arch/2x4 pan
3 grandkids
1 black lab

sticbow
01-31-2011, 04:49 PM
The Packers have won the most titles with 12 and the Chicago Bears are 2nd with 9 titles.The Cleveland Browns are 3rd with 8 total championships counting 4 from AAFL The Giants are 4th with 7 championships and the Steelers have won 6. However, the Steelers have only won Superbowls.

Read more: http://wiki.answers

Haynes Forest Products
01-31-2011, 07:19 PM
Back when Denver beat the Pack in the Superbowl I orderd a bunch of ridged 5/16 and when I got it it was a mix of blue and orange rolls. Didnt order that color and when it went up in the woods the farmer was thinking I was trying to make a statement. It all came down over the years so its back to the clear blue semi ridged

Flat Lander Sugaring
02-01-2011, 05:38 AM
Thank God I don't have to listen to the Pats fans up here in Vermont anymore this year!!
40 buckets
Arctic cat 4wheeler
oil tank arch/2x4 pan
3 grandkids
1 black lab

Isn't that the truth, after they lost all the arrogant pats fans were eating humble pie when ever I walked through the door of any establishment.
It will be a long time before my Cards. get back up to the top:(

morningstarfarm
02-01-2011, 05:55 AM
back up to the top??? have they ever actually been there???:o;)

Flat Lander Sugaring
02-01-2011, 06:07 AM
didnt they go to the super bowl last year or two ago?

sticbow
02-01-2011, 07:56 AM
Thats right. They made it to the playoffs with a 9-7 record and went on to lose the 2009 Superbowl to Pittsburgh.

xyz5150
02-01-2011, 08:39 AM
The packers better win this year because with my lions coming alive it might take them a while to get back.:lol: Detroit Lions rebuilding since 1957.:lol:

red maples
02-01-2011, 10:30 AM
I don't have a favorite of the 2 but I will be siding for the packers just to rub brett favre's nose in it a little. I used to like him but not since he left the packers.

But I will be smokin' some ribs Full side slab. a nice coating of my home made rib rub!!! smoke 'em for about 4 hrs at 220* , wrapin foil for another 2 hours, drop the heat to 190* and open the foil and smoke for another hour. a little sauce and mmmm good. add in a few boilin' sodas some mashed pots and chorizo/maple baked beans and its just perfect for watching the game!!!!

Flat Lander Sugaring
02-03-2011, 05:32 AM
I don't have a favorite of the 2 but I will be siding for the packers just to rub brett favre's nose in it a little. I used to like him but not since he left the packers.

But I will be smokin' some ribs Full side slab. a nice coating of my home made rib rub!!! smoke 'em for about 4 hrs at 220* , wrapin foil for another 2 hours, drop the heat to 190* and open the foil and smoke for another hour. a little sauce and mmmm good. add in a few boilin' sodas some mashed pots and chorizo/maple baked beans and its just perfect for watching the game!!!!
so what time should we all show up:D

red maples
02-03-2011, 02:00 PM
I have an older TV though. I wanted to get a nice 46 inch or 50 inch lcd TV for myself for x-mas this year, but decided to spend the money on maple stuff instead. maybe in a few months!!!!;)

Rossell's Sugar Camp
02-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Go steelers!!!!!

Homestead Maple
02-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Every Red Blooded American should jump in line to support the Green Bay Packers! The Packers defeated the Chicago Bears on Sunday afternoon thus earning them the opportunity to go to the Super Bowl. By doing so, they saved the Hard-Working,Red Blooded, Taxpaying Americans literally several million dollars of tax money. How you say? Simple... we were told that if the Chicago Bears had won that President Obama (and probably his family)would be attending the Super Bowl to cheer on his hometown team. Since the Bears lost...the President won't be attending. The money saved from not using Air Force 1, the limousines, all the additional security, and let's not forget Michelle Obama's entourage, is literally several million dollars! Therefore every American should cheer on the Green Bay Packers at the Super Bowl to show them our gratitude.With that said...let's circulate this to everyone we know so they can understand why they should cheer for America's team...the Green Bay Packers! :D

twitch
02-03-2011, 07:26 PM
i think i will DVR the game so that i can fast forward threw it and watch the commercials

Dave Y
02-04-2011, 04:58 AM
I never realized that so many maple producers where constipated with cheese!

TF Maple
02-04-2011, 08:46 AM
I never realized that so many maple producers where constipated with cheese!

Seems like steeler fans are only in PA and Packer fans are everywhere.

Dave Y
02-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Most people on here probably dont care and have better things to do.

red maples
02-04-2011, 01:40 PM
i think i will DVR the game so that i can fast forward threw it and watch the commercials

This is one game I don't mind watching the commercials. Especially when my teams aren't in the game. I usually DVR it anyway so I can fast forward through borring parts of the game too.

Packerfan
02-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Cheeseheads rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haynes Forest Products
02-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Constipated Dave Y With enough beer how can that happen.

driske
02-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Oh, Boy;
Rhino, you know as well as anyone, over confidence has been the downfall of many a competitor----let's be cautious here please. I mean my finger nails are just getting a little growth on them again since that final playoff win against the Bears.
The Bride is a Green Bay native and #1 daughter lives and works in GB. So we get the hype in spades. I try to be a fair weather fan, but when it's close it's hard to not get viscerally involved.

My .02 sees a close game. The win will go to the team that comes to play impassioned, yet cool headed football. Look for penalties and turnovers to be the game changers, as always.
In the end --Packers win by a touchdown. The cheese houses have a field day, and Wisconsin's employers would do best to have everybody take Monday off, to let their blood alcohol levels drop and stabilize.
The Beat goes On.

wegnerwelding
02-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Just think... Tomorrow we will all be celebrating an awesome victory....and I have to work on Monday. Downtown will be shut down for the welcome home parade and almost everybody i work with will call in...ahem..sick. Excited that my hometeam is making it again.

collinsmapleman2012
02-05-2011, 10:39 PM
i honestly can say i dont get the game of football. some call me crazy for it, but it just doesnt come to me. saying that, i do watch this one game for the ads. they are usually crazy but can show how different our society is lol and they can be pretty funny

3rdgen.maple
02-06-2011, 11:13 AM
i honestly can say i dont get the game of football. some call me crazy for it, but it just doesnt come to me. saying that, i do watch this one game for the ads. they are usually crazy but can show how different our society is lol and they can be pretty funny

Well I wont call you crazy! Im with you. Watching adult males running around in tights slapping each other on the butt after every play is beyond anything I can comprehend. I think if you got rid of all the time outs the goofing around the replays blah blah blah the game actually is about 10 minutes long and you sit there for hours just to see that 10 minutes of them actually playing the game. Much better things to do than waste time watching that. Time to get some maple stuff done!:D

wegnerwelding
02-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Given our sports to watch in the US, I would say that football is one of most entertaining ones. Think about it.... Tennis(yeah right), golf(id rather take a nap), basketball(watching 10 people chase a bouncing ball across a court), baseball(waiting 5 minutes for the pitcher to decide if and when he will actually throw the ball). The only other sport I can think of that I'd rathe watch would be Racing... And I Don't mean NASCAR.

Road America is about an hour south of Green Bay and has some of the best road course racing in the country.

3rdgen.maple
02-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Given our sports to watch in the US, I would say that football is one of most entertaining ones. Think about it.... Tennis(yeah right), golf(id rather take a nap), basketball(watching 10 people chase a bouncing ball across a court), baseball(waiting 5 minutes for the pitcher to decide if and when he will actually throw the ball). The only other sport I can think of that I'd rathe watch would be Racing... And I Don't mean NASCAR.

Road America is about an hour south of Green Bay and has some of the best road course racing in the country.

Hockey is good fun to watch. Both boys play and it can be quite interesting when the gloves come off. I truly think its more brutal than football. And yes good old local racing, open wheel supermodifieds top the list for me. Now back to football.....

morningstarfarm
02-06-2011, 09:08 PM
WOW that was a good game..while I'm not a fan of either team..it was well played and worth watching...Congrats to Green Bay and condolences to Pittsburgh...:D:(

whalems
02-06-2011, 09:11 PM
The game was great!! But what was that half time show!!:o

Ausable
02-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Great Game -- Yeh Green Bay ---- But - what a horrible half time show

wegnerwelding
02-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Wow!!! This town is going to be crazy tonight/tomorrow.... welcome home parade tomorrow.... should I go to work or parade?

ryan marquette
02-06-2011, 09:16 PM
I can't believe we just won a super bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maple connection
02-06-2011, 09:17 PM
That was a awesome game that was alittle nerve racking. The trophy comes back to titletown.:) That was quite a halftime show. Its to bad there was so many injuries!!!!

waysidemaple
02-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Good game. But I agree what a horrid half time show.

Bucket Head
02-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Can anyone just sing the National Anthem the way it is supposed to be sung? Just straight forward, with no "artist embellishments"? Anyone? Am I the only one who winces when these folks get up there and sing it like that? That woman has a nice voice- I like a couple of her songs, but that rendition of our anthem was awful. And lately the anthem is sung like that anytime I hear it before a large, televised sporting event. Its shamefull, really.

Good game, entertaining comercials, not the best halftime show, but not as distatesful as the anthem singing.

Allright, theres my rant for a while. I don't get disgruntled often, so the next rant should be down the road a ways. Back to the regularly scheduled maple programing.

Steve

Ausable
02-07-2011, 04:10 AM
Can anyone just sing the National Anthem the way it is supposed to be sung? Just straight forward, with no "artist embellishments"? Anyone? Am I the only one who winces when these folks get up there and sing it like that? That woman has a nice voice- I like a couple of her songs, but that rendition of our anthem was awful. And lately the anthem is sung like that anytime I hear it before a large, televised sporting event. Its shamefull, really.

Good game, entertaining comercials, not the best halftime show, but not as distatesful as the anthem singing.

Allright, theres my rant for a while. I don't get disgruntled often, so the next rant should be down the road a ways. Back to the regularly scheduled maple programing.

Steve

---Well Steve - I watched it for the Game - that was Great. -- However - everything You said about the singing of the National Anthem has been true for some time. Get someone who can sing it straight or don't bother - just the music please. Also - Remember the Days when the National Anthem was played. The Military stayed covered and rendered a salute - ALL Male Civilians removed all headgear and the Right hand covered the heart. Even some of the Players don't seem to get it ---- Makes You wonder - that in this age of highly advanced communication - So many have never been taught the basics.... guess it's time to stop here -- Did enjoy the Game - Lots ----- Mike

Flat Lander Sugaring
02-07-2011, 05:42 AM
it was awesome game hope every one enjoyed it for next year will be a lock out. Oh yes racing, anything with an engine and tires that goes fast. I'll post a couple picks of a Bush car I did some work on out in phx.

802maple
02-07-2011, 07:33 AM
it was awesome game hope every one enjoyed it for next year will be a lock out. Oh yes racing, anything with an engine and tires that goes fast. I'll post a couple picks of a Bush car I did some work on out in phx.

Who's Busch car? I do some dabbling in the racing industry to. Mostly local, but I did do some work on a car that ran on the ACT tour.

Football fills the void for me when there is not any racing going on. Congrats to the Green Bay Packers, but take notice my Jets will be back next year to take it away.....LOL

morningstarfarm
02-07-2011, 09:09 AM
not to start a flame war here...but the only chance those jets are gonna have is a lock out season....go PATS hehe

TF Maple
02-07-2011, 09:54 AM
If the Packers can get everyone healthy for next year and keep them that way, they will have the potential to be even better than this year.