PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Phaneuf

lmathews
01-30-2011, 07:14 AM
Anyone know if he is reliable?He seems not to respond to e-mails,is there a better way to get in touch with him?

red maples
01-30-2011, 07:24 AM
He does outstanding work!!!! Really top notch at his craft. But doesn't have the best customer service reputation(to put it nicely). He will get you what you need but it will take some time. order 2 yrs out and you'll get it in january the 2nd year.

Try calling. He used to have a phone number on his web site although it looks different from the last time I went to it. Good luck.

PARKER MAPLE
01-30-2011, 08:28 AM
I also am a big fan of his work, every once in awhile I go on ebay and check out that 3x8 he has listed on there. Someday, that will be in my sugarhouse...
what an outstanding piece of equipment. carefully thought out and well put together from what i can tell. Thats my goal for my maple bussiness, 3x8 phanuef with and R.O. and all the ecentualls that go along with it. stainless tanks, filter press, caniing units shiney stainless everywhere. ahhhh Someday, ooops started day dreaming again, back to work for me.

Rookie

cncaboose
01-30-2011, 08:45 AM
Reliable, no. Nice work, yes. Used to be very reasonable on price, not so any more. If you want to check out an evaporator and canner made by him that's real close to you, give me a call and I'll show you mine. Ian MacKellar 315-244-3519

3rdgen.maple
01-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Here we go again the 300 and some odd thread about Patrick Phanuef.

whalems
01-30-2011, 12:03 PM
At least the 300th. Seems there is another one every month.:lol:

Dill
01-30-2011, 01:08 PM
Now I feel like I'm back to my spring home. There are 2 threads that are a constant.
1. Can I wrap brass tubing around my smoke stack
2. A Phanuef thread.

lmathews
01-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Well if there is that many threads it is either a good thing because he is reputable or because people do not like him.Either way word of mouth is how we know what to expect from him.Thank you All

3rdgen.maple
01-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Imathews I can sum up all of the post on Patricks evaporators and owning one I can attest to them.
His work is outstanding, welds are perfect, design is outstanding, they seem to get a better gph than comparible models. Very very shiny rigs.

Hard to get ahold of, guaranteed late on delivery. It was worth the wait in my opinion but seems he treated me better than some. I made no complaints and worked with his schedule and he seemed to respect and kept in constant contact with me, hope that helps.

3rdgen.maple
01-30-2011, 10:01 PM
Now I feel like I'm back to my spring home. There are 2 threads that are a constant.
1. Can I wrap brass tubing around my smoke stack
2. A Phanuef thread.

There are more than 2, how to filter syrup, homemade releaser, a foodgrade topic, a 4 wheeler thread, how do I brick my arch, where to get archboard, will this pump work and a thread where Patheron is screaming WARNING WARNING THIS IS A BIG SAP EMERGENCY. :D

Haynes Forest Products
01-31-2011, 12:35 PM
3rdGen there is one more........Can I make award winning Lite syrup in a rusted out Galvanized epoxy flaking stock tank that has killed a flock of SeaGulls if I wash it with Dawn soap and fill it with dirt over the summer to get the Dr Pepper smell out and will the inspector still pass my operation so I can sell retail at the local poison center to benefit all the kids that cant read because they didnt test the Bronze filter presss pump for lead and will filtering thru Grampas used underware work as a prefilter and what temp should the syrup be for best filtering before I bottle it in the tripple rinsed anti freeze jugs I got off Ebay and what type of label would you use to cover all the warning labels on the jugs and can I get new caps that will fit the Prestone 1/2 gallon containers and what size is best for selling at that type of event....................SHUT UP CHUCK

One more thing Im looking for a FOOD GRADE sock to shove in my mouth..........Thanks Moeh1

moeh1
01-31-2011, 05:30 PM
I can't believe Haynes couldn't work "food grade" in that paragraph somewhere:lol:
On the serious side, I recently acquired a new pan from Patrick and it isn't a bad pan overall but it doesn't match the Ebay photos, so take the time to understand what he is really selling when you are ready to buy, it seems he likes to tinker with his designs.
Marty

Haynes Forest Products
01-31-2011, 07:09 PM
Hey Moeh1 do you sell faucets:lol:

BryanEx
01-31-2011, 07:18 PM
Hey Moeh1 do you sell faucets:lol:

(groan) I had to "sound it out" a few times before I got that one. Haynes - I really think you need a hobby outside sugar season. :mrgreen:

Haynes Forest Products
01-31-2011, 07:23 PM
BryanEx I do Im working on a wood splitter.I have 30ft of 10X12 I beam, 6 X 10 Angle Iron and two 4" rams of a cat bulldozer and 2 valves and a welder so when and if I stop looking at them and start building.............Yea soon

DrTimPerkins
01-31-2011, 07:39 PM
There are more than 2, how to filter syrup, homemade releaser, a foodgrade topic, a 4 wheeler thread, how do I brick my arch, where to get archboard, will this pump work and a thread where Patheron is screaming WARNING WARNING THIS IS A BIG SAP EMERGENCY. :D

At least one more.....

How do I clean my 10 yr old spouts so I can get as good sap production as new spouts?

sap retreiver
01-31-2011, 08:10 PM
You guys are classic!
It's like working with my 3 brothers, there always there to help, you just need to put up with the harassement. This place really is home.

moeh1
01-31-2011, 08:24 PM
:lol:Good one Haynes! I don't sell faucets but could probably drag up a food grade sock or two for you.
I know I was real pleased everyone was nice to me when I was a really dumb newbie here (not that I'm all that smart now...)
Marty

TapME
01-31-2011, 08:29 PM
At least one more.....

How do I clean my 10 yr old spouts so I can get as good sap production as new spouts?

you mean you haven"t done a study on that???????:(

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-31-2011, 08:41 PM
You guys really need some sap to boil, you have way too much time on your hands!

3rdgen.maple
01-31-2011, 09:13 PM
:o::D:lol:::;) got nothing else im speechless. Aside from haynes you are good for a laugh before I end the day, thanks for that. Gotta love the wiseasses on the trader.

lmathews
02-01-2011, 06:45 AM
If we get the snow that is predicted everyone will be too tired to be a smart *** from all the shoveling.1 more I didn't see mentioned was sap ladders.

morningstarfarm
02-01-2011, 11:15 AM
somehow I dont think it's gonna matter....we might be tired but I'll have to be dead to stop....:D:lol::rolleyes::mrgreen:enjoy...