PDA

View Full Version : New Tubing

Sugarbear
01-29-2011, 09:12 AM
We strung our first mainline yesterday.Finally decided to switch over,Im not getting any younger.Planning on doing part of the woods each year,should be done in three years if all goes as planned.

Monster Maples
01-30-2011, 12:33 AM
I don't think you will regret it, I know we don't. Are you going vacuum or gravity? I have a lot of family in Loudonville. It is pretty neat you still use horses.

Sugarbear
01-30-2011, 09:39 AM
Gravity for now,maybe add vacuum later when were done.

Buckeye mapler
01-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Remember, the number of taps per lateral is different for gravity than it is for vaccum!

Sugarbear
01-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Yes,thanks. I am builiding it with vacuum in mind.

mapledairy
02-22-2011, 10:58 AM
We strung our first mainline yesterday.Finally decided to switch over,Im not getting any younger.Planning on doing part of the woods each year,should be done in three years if all goes as planned.

hello from Dover, Ohio we had been all buckets with some gravity tubing, had a crew from Middlefield in for one day and installed permanent tubing for 200 taps this year also put vacuum on it. Nothing like it! am so happy with it already. mapledairy

woodburner
02-22-2011, 02:49 PM
About 5 years ago I said the same thing, getting to old for this, buckets and horses, we went to tubbing and vacuum. We never looked back the vacuum is the best thing since sliced bread. I don't think it is any less work, but it spreads the work over the whole year and reduces the lug work. Good luck with it.

adk1
02-22-2011, 02:54 PM
that is waht everyone told me too. I planned on starting out with sap sacks, but sicne everything is on a decent slope as it is, I decided to invest in tubing from the start.