PDA

View Full Version : Freezable membranes ???

Brent
01-24-2011, 09:26 PM
CDL has a new catalog on line and on page 39 they are promoting a "Hobby RO"

the last line in the features is
"Don't need to be installed in a heated room"

What membranes out there can tolerate freezing ???

nymapleguy607
01-25-2011, 05:19 AM
The machine is built with drains installed through out the machine so when you finish at the end of the day you just go through and drain the machine. I think H2O innovations smaller ROs use the same concept. My question to the people that have ROs is don't you need to keep the membranes wet?

moeh1
01-25-2011, 05:55 AM
I saw one at a show a couple weeks ago - supposedly made by MemProTec out of Quebec. Small unit one membrane 100PH. The dealer wasn't very knowledgable so I didn't pick up much more than it was 110v and you need to warm the pump head with a hairdryer prior to restart in the morning...

MorrillMaple
01-25-2011, 05:39 PM
if anyone has any questions on this hobby unit feel free to pm me and im more then happy to help.

robbie

Randy Brutkoski
01-25-2011, 08:12 PM
I had a scare 2 nights ago when it hit -29 below, because we had lost power as well. I have never gotten the generator up and running so fast . I ran an extention cord to the R.O. room and an electric heater before I hooked up the pellet stove inside. When I opened the R.o. room door a good amount of heat hit me. It was still about 55 degrees in there 45 min. after we lost power. I guess i insulated the room pretty good. I finally did something right.