PDA

View Full Version : potable water

maplecrest
01-23-2011, 03:13 PM
what is considered potable water in the sugar house? permeate? hot water off the steam hood, or steamaway? or a drilled well with a clean lab test? any thoughts?

Sugarmaker
01-23-2011, 03:42 PM
I would start with the drilled well and the lab test as the first thing that a inspector would look for. Doesn't mean that the others might not qualify. I just don't know what the rules might be.
Good reminder that I need to get this done.
Chris

Ausable
01-23-2011, 03:48 PM
what is considered potable water in the sugar house? permeate? hot water off the steam hood, or steamaway? or a drilled well with a clean lab test? any thoughts?

potable water --- Is safe to drink with no harmful effects ---- I live in an area where we all have wells --- Now if it has a different meaning as applied to a sugar house I'm unaware of it..... Mike

red maples
01-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Now I don't know all of the laws and what would be required but Permeate would be considered potable water. it has been purfied by the RO. Which people have in there house. I have 1 on my sink in the kitchen its just a little 1 gph unit with a 3 gallon holding tank that we use for cooking and drinking water because although our arsenic level in our well water are below the acceptable level it is still very high. You can't get any purrer water than what comes out of the RO.

If you have that tested by a lab to prove it is pure and you have a proper holding tank(one designated for potable water) etc. You can raise it up enough to have a gravity feed into a little water heater for a handwashing sink that would work out great just make sure the lines don't freeze!!!

That would definitely be an extra added value to having an RO.

collinsmapleman2012
01-23-2011, 04:37 PM
there are people that bottle the water straight out of the RO
and i have also heard of one that bottles the water from the preheater

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Preheater or steamaway water would be distilled water.