PDA

View Full Version : looking for recipes with maple.....

maplefrank
01-21-2011, 08:15 PM
got any good recipes you would like to share????? made some maple oatmeal bars and muffins........would like to find some more......:)

3rdgen.maple
01-22-2011, 12:55 AM
http://www.nysmaple.com/maple_recipes.html This should keep you busy.

Wardner in Tewksbury
01-22-2011, 03:00 AM
Not too fond of commercial Maple Walnut ice cream but I'd like to try Maple Ripple with some generous veins. Has anyone done this? How would you do it? I'd rather not have the maple crystallize. And I am not talking about a simple Maple Sundae.

Thompson's Tree Farm
01-22-2011, 05:26 AM
Try cooking the syrup to the same point you would for wax on snow (maple tire), allow the syrup to cool. add it to your ice cream freezer for the last few seconds of agitation when the ice cream is done being frozen.

HobbitMannor
01-23-2011, 04:21 PM
This is an easy one that I found on cooks.com. It is similar to the Maple Shortcake that I saw posted on here-which is also delicious! I also put some Maple Sugar in some cornbread.

MAPLE PUDDING CAKE
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

CAKE INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. milk

PUDDING INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 c. maple syrup
3/4 c. water
2 tbsp. butter

Combine cake ingredients in medium bowl, put pudding ingredients in a saucepan, heat butter until melted.
Put cake batter into 8 x 8 greased pan, pour warm pudding sauce over batter. It will be thin. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Top with whipped cream. Serve warm...Good cold, too!

red maples
01-23-2011, 04:23 PM
I have a few on my website. I am a little behind on adding more in. but I have been busy with snow and ice and maple stuff.

michiganfarmer2
01-24-2011, 01:48 PM
I make maple breakfast sausage with our home grown, home butchered pork.

2lb ground pork
3/4 tablespoon salt
3/4 tablespoon peper
3/4 table spoon gound sage
1 cup maple syrup.

mix, and stuff into links