PDA

View Full Version : Candy or Cream machine

gi53
01-20-2011, 11:01 AM
I am thinking about getting either a candy or cream machine, to sell more product. So I need help deciding which one to get, and the brand to get. I think I could get rid of more candy but not sure. Any in put would be great.

Sugarmaker
01-20-2011, 11:23 AM
my 2 cents,
It is possible to make cream on a candy machine. I have done it. I just spooned the cool syrup into the worm and let the mixing take place and then filled the container from the spout of the trough. Not the fastest way but got a nice product. Would not want to do large batches this way.
So that might be something to consider if you get down to just choosing one unit first.
Chris

wiam
01-20-2011, 09:38 PM
I can also make granulated sugar with my cream machine

Will

Amber Gold
01-21-2011, 06:07 AM
I would buy a candy machine. You can make candy and cream with it easily. The producer I got mine from, it's the only thing he used and he would make hundreds of pounds of cream and candy a year. It makes an excellent quality cream with a very smooth texture. It's also easier than than the standard cream machine in that you fill the jars right from the trough. With some practice you can a constant stream of syrup from the pig, into the trough, and have it be cream when it comes out of the trough. It does not need to be a batch process. Sometimes you need to speed things up or slow down depending on how it's going, but it's no different than when you're making candy. It does work very well.