PDA

View Full Version : Installing Max Flow Flex Tubing in Drop Lines

Bruce L
01-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Cold,snowy days makes you think about gearing up for the season.I am putting together 500 new drop lines with the stubby spouts for the CV adapters that I purchased at Leader's open house last spring.Leader's tubing is pretty tough,and the Tees are pretty tight.No problem squeezing on the stubby spouts with the tubing tool,but the tees can make you lose your religion!!!The tubing tool looks like both sides aren't lined up perfectly,perhaps a poor welding job ,or maybe it is bent from alll the years of usage? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.perhaps as much as 1 in 10 of the new drop lines doesn't squeeze tight to the tee,and the whole purpose of doing this is to eliminate costly vaccuum leaks.
Thanks,Bruce

sugarmountain
01-19-2011, 05:54 PM
I dip the fittings in a little bit of water, they seem to go on much smoother and allot less friction.

sugarstone
01-19-2011, 06:13 PM
I dip the fittings in a little bit of water, they seem to go on much smoother and allot less friction.

...warm water...

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-19-2011, 08:04 PM
I have a one handed Lapierre tool that is bent from about 5 years of use.

Bruce L
01-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the tip about the water,finished off another 100 quickly tonight.
Bruce

farmall h
01-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Bruce L, if you are not using a tubing cutter you may not be getting a nice clean cut. Also, if you are using the two handed tool I have found that if you clamp your tubing about 3/16" inch out the barbed fitting will enter the tubing easier. Just my thoughts. Made over 2000 this way! Thought my shoulder was going to fall off.:)