PDA

View Full Version : MIddlebury Maple School

maplwrks
01-17-2011, 06:04 AM
If any traders went to the Middlebury school this last weekend, We would love to hear your comments, good or bad. We had the largest attendance ever for this school with approx 250 attendees.

Flat Lander Sugaring
01-17-2011, 04:36 PM
IT WAS AWESOME. I learned more about things I am doing wrong and new things that I might try.

jtbucket
01-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Mike, had a good time. Good to see other sugarmakers and all the new stuff.

chipa
01-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Very well organized and run.Great meal.

Randy Brutkoski
01-17-2011, 10:37 PM
I definatly learned more. Let the big sap begin.

Amber Gold
01-18-2011, 09:03 AM
I thought it was good. The one's which stood out were the syrup grading and off-flavors topic and the leasing topic. I think to make the first better, maybe have samples of syrup to grade and get everyone's input on it. I know when syrup is close to a grade it can be a matter of opinion on which grade it is and I'd like to hear straight from the state tester on what I'm doing right/wrong. I think samples of off-flavor would've been great to have...actually taste what he's talking about.

The leasing topic was great to have, because I need to lease anything I tap.

I thought the Efficiency through design topic was mis-characterized. I expected it to be more for the experianced producer and how to make everything work smoothly from collecting, RO'ing, evaporating, and filtering canning...kind of like the panel discussion Bellows Falls had last year with Glen Goodrich and two others.

I think you guys did a good job and look forward to going again next year. Also, the lunch was great.