PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Oil Burner

bix
01-16-2011, 02:51 PM
I have a 2x8 wood fired evapotor with a 2x5 drop flue pan and a 2x3 syrup pan, with hoods. Last year we boiled 45 gallons per hour, this year we added a preheater. How much will the preheater increase the boil rate? I am thinking of going to a fuel oil burner for the 2012 sap season, with my set up how much fuel oil will I burn per hour? How much will it cost to set up a fuel oil burner? Will the boil rate increase significantly? Thank you for your help.

Haynes Forest Products
01-17-2011, 01:42 AM
Do you want part numbers and supply houses in your area:rolleyes:

1 check supply houses for parts. 2 ask how much they are. 3 install 3 gallon per hr nozzel. 4 make a note that the unit will use 3 gallons per hr. Yes oil will make it more efficiant time wise. What size is the preheater diameter of the pipe, length, type of material copper or SS, thickness of metal, distance from sap and steam rate. How fast you will be feeding the sap. temp of incoming sap, steam hood? Do you cook inside or out?

maplwrks
01-17-2011, 05:45 AM
Bix--You're hood will get you 10% gain---Like Haynes said, throw a 3-3.5 gph nozzle in it and go for it. You may pick up a little gain on your rig due mainly to a more consistant heat source.