PDA

View Full Version : How much left?

40to1
01-15-2011, 09:33 PM
It's mid-January and with tapping about a month or two way, I was wondering how much maple syrup is left from last year's harvest.

Is your retail supply now sold out and is your personal stash dwindled down to nothing?

For myself, I have 2.5 quarts left - which astounds me.

FunnyFarm
01-16-2011, 05:37 AM
Wife accidentally sold our last 2 pints about 3 months back... I still raz her about it from time to time lol

maple flats
01-16-2011, 06:52 AM
Retail grade A was sold out in May, grade B in October, personal stash is less that 2qts grade B.

colt454
01-16-2011, 07:16 AM
buying barrels for about 6 months now!

Mike in NY
01-16-2011, 07:50 AM
after the horrific season of 2010 (our trees ran for 8 days) we have 2 gallons road tar syrup. It's black and smells funny but I have used it in cooking w/ some decent results. maybe have 6 qts of saleable syrup left.
18 inches snow in the woods today and that was lacking last year. hoping for a better 2011 for all!

cpmaple
01-16-2011, 08:03 AM
I have about a quart left for the 4 kids to use up. Hate having syrup from prior year because the kids will grab fresh before they grab last season stuff. got to love them for that. happy sugaring and hope all have a great year.

red maples
01-16-2011, 08:07 AM
officially been out of retail for I think 2 months now. could have run out sooner but everyone wanted pints and qts for x-mas gifts but all I had left was 1/2 pts. ran out of medium in grade B in end of aug. early sept. out of medium in november, and completely out in dec. I have so many folks looking for syrup I keep telling them a few more week just hold on!!!!

Private stash is down to 1/2 gal medium and less than 1/2 gal gr B.

As soon as you put the word out that your almost out for the year people flock but sadly you have to turn some away. looking forward to a much better year!!!! :)

BryanEx
01-16-2011, 08:20 AM
2 litres of amber left but I'm trying to save it to darken the early 2011 season light syrup. Most producers strive to produce the light or "fancy" but I just sell the stuff.

Dennis H.
01-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Sold my last I think back in Sept and used the last of my syrup in Nov.
The daughter is not happy about that.

I saved very little for myself this year I wanted to sell most of it to get a good customer base. I think it went well. Hoping for an even better year this year.

firetech
01-16-2011, 04:22 PM
We have 1qt of dark and 1 pt of med. And the grand kids keep eye those bottles eveytime there here claiming that there out at home. STINKERS I'm down to using my grape flavored syrup on my oatmeal now. It's going to be a long 6 weeks.

waysidemaple
01-16-2011, 04:46 PM
I sold out of syrup back in sumer. Granted I only had 12 gallons to sell.

The home supply is down to 1 quart.

shane hickey
01-16-2011, 04:47 PM
We have 1qt of dark and 1 pt of med. And the grand kids keep eye those bottles eveytime there here claiming that there out at home. STINKERS I'm down to using my grape flavored syrup on my oatmeal now. It's going to be a long 6 weeks. I ran out in August And been haveing Miss buttersworth by my side yum yum, Not. shane

lafite
01-16-2011, 05:17 PM
down below a quart of Light Amber....and chomping at the bit for the season to start!

Monster Maples
01-16-2011, 05:25 PM
I ran out in August And been haveing Miss buttersworth by my side yum yum, Not. shane

Funny, I ran out a month ago. Last week we had french toast and my wife sat some of that garbage by my plate with a grin. I about threw up. All over her plate, I was too hungry to throw up on mine. Then, she couldn't believe that I was eating without anything on it besides butter.:)

Dan W
01-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Sold my last 2 cases on October-only 1 8 oz. personal stash left. Won't be long to replentish though!

Sugarmaker
01-16-2011, 06:00 PM
About 2 gallons left from 2010,
1 gallon ear marked for candy tdemo this saturday.
And the other will be for Maple BBQ.
Ready for some fresh stuff!
Chris

BoarsNest
01-16-2011, 07:06 PM
One partial quart in the fridge and 1 pint in the pantry. Gave most of it away last spring but kept a little for the married kids and ourselves. We only made 6 gallons last year because of the weather. Hoping for a lot more this year.

wdchuck
01-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Running out of syrup is blasphemy at our place!...Cant fill the store shelves with air.........Just bought 10 barrells.....

Ausable
01-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Wow -- Kinda makes a guy feel good reading all this -- Not that You are running low on Maple - that there is a real bad thing to have happen. But using pretend syrup is kinda like drinking decaf coffee - it just don't do the job. So after reading this - I thought I'd better rummage thru the nooks where I store my maple and dang --- still have about 3 gallons - some is a couple of years old - but - still good.....Swore the wife to secrecy as in these funny money times we are sitting on a fortune ---- --- Hey Guys have a great year --- Set a few gallons away for yourselves this year - worth more then money these days ---- Mike

3rdgen.maple
01-16-2011, 08:49 PM
No syrup left for retail ran out of that by summer cause of the season we had. My cuboard comes first after all its me doing all the work and if I run out of syrup I quit. lol Havent had to go elbow deep in the cuboard yet so must be a few quarts left. For you guys that your family wont use the prior seasons syrup just pour it back in the pan with the new batch for the family they will never know.

danno
01-16-2011, 09:00 PM
Man, after reading this thread, I'm raising my prices for the next 4-6 weeks as I will have no competition:) Gonna retire on those last 10-15 gallons. Have made a couple of drive up sales this weekend.

Farmboy
01-16-2011, 10:50 PM
I sold out of syrup in may but kept some for our house and I'm surprised I have a gallon left.

Mark
01-17-2011, 09:58 AM
1200 gallons left now but will unload half of it next week.