PDA

View Full Version : Clan "The Man" Delaney

3rdgen.maple
01-14-2011, 10:20 PM
You got the statewide tap poll ready to go yet?????:D Only been 2 years

BryanEx
01-15-2011, 05:51 AM
...and made a comprehensive map of every light fixture, outlet and circuit in my home. Also, I think I did some laundry.
I think he has been too busy doing the laundry 3rdgen.maple. :lol:

TapME
01-15-2011, 07:06 AM
If you would ask me I think he had some cider turn on him and he got into it. :)

Clan Delaney
01-15-2011, 01:14 PM
I just spent some time looking at free online options for surveys or polls, and now I remember why I didn't do this 2 years ago.

I hate them all.

I can't find anything that looks like it will do what we'll need it to do in order to manage a survey like this. The "free" options limit responses to 100, and in order to get more, you must pay. The options that look like they can do more than just tally checkmarks (and what we'll need is something that can keep a running total, by state or province) aren't even free to start.

I've always known that this could be done right here, but it'll need to be tallied by hand. It'll involve members posting their information to a forum thread, and then someone will have to input that info into a spreadsheet. The good news is that there are tools available now that make this easier than just 2 years ago. I can create a speadsheet in Google Docs and multiple people can have access to edit it, in real time.

What do you think of this:

we start a dedicated thread for this survey
each member posts ONLY the info we need for the survey, such as location and number of taps
the moderators share access to a common spreadsheet and complile the responses
each response will have to be deleted from the thread as it's compiled, to prevent duplicates and confusion among the mods

It may also be possible to provide access to the spreadsheet for everyone else to view, but not edit, as it's being compiled. At the end of the season we can sort it 8 ways from Sunday and make graphs till we puke. :lol:

Well?

BryanEx
01-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Just so I understand... all this survey needs to do is tally up number of taps per State or Province based on Maple Trader members? If that's the case let me look at another option that may work. Back shortly....

BryanEx
01-15-2011, 06:23 PM
If that's the case let me look at another option that may work. Back shortly....
Never mind Pat. I had the right idea but it would take way too much work to get things right. Back to your idea... :mrgreen:

3rdgen.maple
01-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Okay so I have to ask just how much is the cost to get the proper tools to do it?
The only thing that comes to mind with the plan you put forth is multiple posting on tap count by "accident". I would just love to see a total tap count from each state/providence from the traders. Although the 60,000 tap member in VT just wiped out some states lol.
Heck we could just do the check marks and just keep hitting the check button so I would hit it like 800 times and lol nevermind.