PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Tapping starts Saturday 15th

Diezeldog
01-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Gonna start tapping tommorrow to test drills and full throttle Wednesday the 19th. I can't wait!!!:D;)

PARKER MAPLE
01-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Hey diezeldog,

good luck this year you are one of the biggest opperation ive seen on this site. how llong dose it take you to be 100% up to speed with that many taps?

MAple rookie

tuckermtn
01-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Did you mean to post in the Virginia thread?

3rdgen.maple
01-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Va Vt ahhhh who cares those are some impressive numbers right there. I like your excuse however "test the drills out" lol. Sounds earliy to be tapping in vermont but it must take you weeks to get them all in. Good luck and have a great year.

Sugarmaker
01-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Diezeldog,
WOW!!! 60,000 taps! Only 120 times bigger than me! And I think I have problems!
Yes that operation needs a manager! and a big crew!
Have a great season.
Chris

Diezeldog
01-15-2011, 07:46 PM
Yes it does take weeks and with an operation of this size we can't afford to not be ready. 1 run can mean thousands of dollars. Yes it does need a manager and I am lucky enough to be that guy. It is a year round position. I work for a graet guy who appreciates me so all is well.
I use to do it just like you guys so don't think I have forgotten those nights in the garage over a 2x3 with a few beers. Now it is more of a financial thing. I watch the forum alot. I am not on much simply because of time constraints. Any questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to get back to you when I am online. Thanks for the wishes and luck and right back at ya and may your sap flow be great and run long!!!
Dean

treefinder
01-16-2011, 06:28 AM
i'd like to go out and check this set up sometime?do i have to make an appointment?