PDA

View Full Version : Flue Pan Air injection

nymapleguy607
01-14-2011, 04:51 AM
So I've been reading some old posts on air injection into the flue pans. I have seen people say it improves and reduces their evaporation rate. I was wondering does what you fire your evaporator with affect whether you see and improvement in evaporation rate.
Thanks
Jeff

Thompson's Tree Farm
01-14-2011, 05:29 AM
I started air injection in the flue pan last year and believe it helps evaporation slightly. No hard numbers but when I start the fire, I allow it to get to the point where a slight amount of steam (vapor) is showing above the back pan. I then turn on the air injector and the vapor coming off the flue pan intensifies greatly. I see no reason that the same wouldn't occur with oil fired rigs.
Doug

DrTimPerkins
01-14-2011, 06:15 AM
So I've been reading some old posts on air injection into the flue pans. I have seen people say it improves and reduces their evaporation rate. I was wondering does what you fire your evaporator with affect whether you see and improvement in evaporation rate.

Hi Jeff,

You are putting a lot of cool or cold air into the flue pan with air injection. It cools the sap/syrup off to some degree. You lose about 4-5% in efficiency due to this. It would be exceedingly difficult to measure this small a change if firing with wood.

mrb215
03-09-2012, 07:03 AM
I was wondering if anyone new what kind of cfm or static pressure was needed to run it