PDA

View Full Version : MEMTEK ro

Mountain Winds Farm
01-10-2011, 08:28 PM
anybody out there know where to find information on old memteks. Looking at an older unit with a model # of mo-50/200 ? thanks Randy

wiam
01-10-2011, 09:33 PM
I have an old memtek 250 gph. The kids call it the time machine. I am not sure of model # but I do have the book. (I will look for it) Last year was my first year with it and it did it's job. Heated concentrate if I tried to take 2% above 10%. Had NF90s in it last year. Going to try XLEs this year. Hoping less heat if faster flow.

tuckermtn
01-11-2011, 12:25 AM
I have a 1982 memtek model 250 I think. it has one 8" and one 4" NSF-270. I has a recirc pump. When we unloaded it Parker dubbed it Sputnik because it has this funky insulation on the door that looks like its straight out of a Dr Who episode. But as wiam mentioned it does the job. I do have the binder that came with it. Happy to copy it if you need it. its a very simple machine and the size of it makes things very accessable. I only played around once with trying to get higher than 7% out of it- took it up to 10.5% and it didn't seem to mind. In the future will do the loop back to tank recirc. if I want to go above 8-9%.

wiam
01-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Another point. The piston pumps are loud. I would not want it in the sugarhouse.

Will