PDA

View Full Version : Price per acre?

Brokermike
01-09-2011, 02:42 PM
For those that have bought some sugarwoods in the last 5 years or so I was wondering what you felt was a reasonable price per acre.

Specifically I am referring land that is not suitable for development, well stocked with sugar maple of 10-24" dbh.

I am curious for my own benefit (I'm shopping), but also because I'm interested to hear from those that weigh the cost benefit of leasing taps versus buying land.

Sugarmaker
01-09-2011, 02:55 PM
We haven't bought a sugar bush but most land with some woods in our area is from $2000 to $4000 per acre. and up for a building lot or some one that things they can get rich.
Chris

bobbyjake
01-09-2011, 03:48 PM
On Friday, I asked this very question of a real estate agent in central VT and the answer was $2500 but of course, this was for larger parcels. The conversation began around a 175 acre parcel that was advertised as having 15,000 tap potential. That parcel was advertised for $2000 an acre, but ended up selling for less than $1750 per acre. The parcel did not have much for frontage, so it was not easily subdividable further, nor did it have any buildings existing on it.