PDA

View Full Version : Check Valve Tool

OneLegJohn
01-08-2011, 05:28 AM
I bought the first two production units from NextGenMaple yesterday. The tool is pretty ingenious. It seperates the stubby from the check valve and pulls the check valve from the tree in two quick motions. It also has a mallet/hammer end for install. If you had the pleasure of pulling check valves out of your stubby spouts, you would like this tool. Just my two cents.

Tmeeeh
01-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Who is NextGenMaple? Do they have a website? Any photos of this tool? Where are they for sale?

Bucket Head
01-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Go to www.nextgenmaple.com or call 315-432-1326. Steve Caccamo is the owner. Real nice guy. He's in Syracuse, NY.

I spoke to him last year about the need for a good stainless bucket spout and he delivered. Take a look at what he has to offer.

Steve

whalems
01-09-2011, 07:20 AM
I just checked the link and there is nothing there. Site still under construction.

Bucket Head
01-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Try this; steve@nextgenmaple.com. Or just give him a call, 315-432-1326. An actual phone conversation is always better than a bunch of e-mails anyway.

He's a nice a guy and likes talking to other producers- he was one of the speakers at the "New To Maple" class at V.V.S. yesterday. He's a small, backyard-type producer who's using his "day job" knowledge and tooling to make equipment that any size producer could use.

Steve

Thiems sugarshack
01-09-2011, 04:58 PM
I would be intrested in seeing what the tool looks like and i might want to buy one.Does he ship?

Dennis H.
01-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Sounds Like an easy tool to fab' up.

maple flats
01-09-2011, 05:42 PM
You can also PM Johnny Cuervo, a long time member of maple trader. He is in with them, as an "adviser". Johnny Cuervo is the one who made a real neat pre-heater that wrapped around the stack and springs could be added or removed to adjust the temperature as needed. Look at his evaporator pictures.