PDA

View Full Version : Roof Jack Installation

Paddymountain
01-06-2011, 07:27 PM
I have posted pictures on Photobucket of my intallation. First off, the 10" pipe bolted in the 12" was like this when I bought the evaporater. I got the local steel shop to make the roof jack 11 3/4 in diameter to let the 12" pipe slip over making a watertight fit. When I cut the hole in the roof I had to make it oblong to fit because of the pitch. I had also made a template where I wanted the pipe to come through the plate so it was sure to be out past the ribs in the steel roofing. After we screwed it down, we set the 10" pipe
up through the roof jack and calculated the difference from it to the inside 10" pipe that was bolted to the 12". We cut it just long enought to go into the top pipe and then lowered the (double pipe) down over it and the roof jack.
Then we run a couple selftapping screws throught the 12" pipe and into the roof jack . The only thing I might have done different would be to bend about a 3/4" 45 degree angle on the sides of the roof jack to set down over the ribs of the roof a little better. Not the only way to do it, but may be of help to someone!!

lastwoodsman
01-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Hey Paddy I see you get er'up!-- Another milestone. You should be ready for spring----
-20 at my shack is the forecast this week-end-- A guy can make a lot of ice cubes for highballs!! gotta love it.
I just picked up at a local building outlet that has weekly on-line auctions 10 cabinets for 5.00 each Can't wait to slap them up.
When its a little warmer----
Woodsman

Paddymountain
01-07-2011, 07:26 AM
Yes,we're almost ready! Need to put braces under my counter,and finish the
platform for the head tank . we've had winter here but not -20 brrr. that's too cold for me!

Rockwood
01-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Nice job on the roof jack. Nice to see the pictures before I tackle mine.