PDA

View Full Version : RO Hoses?

danno
01-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Anybody know where I can get a hose made (hose with female connectors) in the Syracuse area?

The old owner of my RO had some stainless hoses made up when his old rubber ones blew out during high pressure. I need to re-run a line and was going to use food grade plastic/rubber that will hold up to the high pressure.

Thanks

Jim Brown
01-03-2011, 10:34 AM
danno; Go to a shop that makes hydraulic hoses,a tractor dealer or a back hoe dealer they will be able to match your fittings and pressure and make it how ever long you need it.

just my two cents
Jim

Teuchtar
01-03-2011, 06:45 PM
For my own RO, I was using wire-reinforced 225 psi Kashiyama FDA hose from McMaster. Blew the fittings off. Upgraded those to the most agressive barb fittings I could find with double clamps. Blew them off also. Doesn't take long to drain a tank of concentrated sap you've been working on much of the day.
Never actually busted a hose. Its always the fitting that comes away, at pressure much less than the hose rating.
I'm replacing them with Blue Hydraulic FDA hose with fittings from good old Leader. They make the hoses to order, with female JIC swivel ends. The five hoses cost me less than the value of wasted concentrate.
Couldn't find a better source of made-to-length RO hose than the maple suppliers. You can probably find a distributor near you, but I found they always want you to buy the whole reel of hose. Goodyear makes Vintner hose at fairly good pressure, but you still need the stainless hydraulic end connections, and thats where the cost is.

danno
01-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Found a great place to make RO hoses, or any other hoses for that matter in Syracuse.

Mitten Fluid Power
315 437-7563 - in anybody is interested

While I waited (15 minutes), they made me a very nice stainless flex hose, food grade, SS fittings - rated max 1200 operating psi, max 440 degree f.

The fittings I was looking to match to my machine had very unusual threads - they went through the trouble of identifying the thread and matching it to their stock.

Cost - just over half of Leader's quote.