PDA

View Full Version : Lemon Juice

batsofbedlam
01-02-2011, 03:14 PM
I ate at a Japanese Hibachi restaurant last night. After the cook did his show and prepared our food, he cleaned the stainless steel cooking surface with plain lemon juice and scrubbed hard with a cloth. The SS came out spotless. Has anyone had any experience cleaning up an evaporator using this method.
I'm willing to give it a try.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-02-2011, 03:16 PM
I would think it would work tremendous, just a little on the expensive side unless you can find it in bulk at a good price.

steve J
01-02-2011, 04:08 PM
In the pass I have had a 2x3 so I have dumped a bottle and a half of lemon juice added some water and let it set a few hours it lifts all the maple scum off the bottom. I then scrub sides to get remain scum and hose it out it comes out shinning like new.

red maples
01-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Yes it works and yes its expensive. And those Grills aren't SS They will rust if not taken good care of.

We use it in the restaurant biz to clean flat top grills which is what they use in the Jap. Steak houses. The metal needs to be hot. They really don't make much of a mess on their grills so they are easy to clean and are cleaned after each use. We used to dirty them up really good so what we used to do is ....on a hot grill we turn it off and then we mix lemon juice ice and a little water and some white vinegar and dump it on and spead it out and wipe all the junk off then we hit it with a grill brick to get a nice shine then once its cool we oil it with veg oil so it doesn't rust.

I use white vinegar on mine evap. shines up just fine!!!

woodsmith
01-05-2011, 09:58 AM
I use vinegar also, works great and is fairly inexpensive.