PDA

View Full Version : quick connects and vacuum

tuckermtn
01-01-2011, 08:48 PM
how do the banjo brand of quick connects hold up under vacuum? should I use them in a section I want to take down or should I just use regular fittings a pull them at the end of each season. These would be 3/4" ones from tractor supply.

markct
01-01-2011, 10:29 PM
i know some guys use them and apparently they work just fine. myself i preffer the pvc unions that seal with an o ring, seem like a simpler and more positive seal, and cheaper too, they arnt as easy to disasemble, still just takes a second to unscrew them, but most are only done once a season, or a very few times a season so i preffer the positive sealing of the unions with an o ring

Haynes Forest Products
01-02-2011, 01:07 AM
I use both the O ring and the Quick connector with out fail. On the cam locks I would make sure you dont store them over long periods cinched tight. You want the rubber as tight as possible

maplemat1
01-02-2011, 07:30 AM
i use the fittings through out my bush because in the off season it is used for trail horses banjo are the best i have found you can get them cheaper @ agrisupply .com but you have to buy them in quanity not one at a time

Dennis H.
01-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Here is where I got a few for my sap pump. They are food grade.

Cam Lock Fittings (http://www.mcmaster.com/#cam-and-groove-hose-couplings/=aeykva)