PDA

View Full Version : "Local" bottle supply?

Lazarus
01-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Does anyone know of a local bottle manufacturer or distributor in Southwest Ohio or within a few hours driving time that carries the "Basque" (sometimes called "LeBasque") round syrup bottles in 250 and 500 ml? I need about a half pallet or more of these things, and the only suppliers I have found anywhere are the big maple producers and sugaring suppliers in the northeast.

I'm pretty sticky about wanting these particular bottles, but the shipping is killing me.

-Lazarus

buckeye gold
01-22-2011, 07:33 AM
Hey lazarus,

I'm new here and just surfing through the forum and noticed this thread. Have you tried Sugar Bush Supply in Michigan. They're not that far away from you, maybe 4-5 hrs. Here is a link; http://www.sugarbushsupplies.com/online_catalog.html

BryanEx
01-22-2011, 07:45 AM
Does anyone know of a local bottle manufacturer or distributor in Southwest Ohio or within a few hours driving time that carries the "Basque" (sometimes called "LeBasque") round syrup bottles in 250 and 500 ml?
I have a couple of Ohio distributors listed in my directory but I don't know what the driving time would be for you.

http://www.sugarbush.info/links/distributors/equipment-supplies/united-states/
Look for Richards and Erlsten near the bottom of page 1.

- Bryan

Homestead Maple
01-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Check out Burch Bottle and packaging in Waterford, NY. Their website is burchbottle.com They have a minimum order subtotal of $75.00 or they charge extra if you buy less than that amount. They have a 250ml flint, deer, moose, and elk basquaise bottle that sells for $21.76 a case plus shipping. They have a 250ml glass log cabin for $21.11 a case and many other glass styles.

Buckeye mapler
01-23-2011, 11:00 AM
The only thing I found when I looked for this a couple of years ago was a place in Cleveland, I want to say Cleveland Bottle. But I don't remember what the prices were or even why I did not end up ordering. I think it was just the idea I was not using a filter press and I was really just starting off. Glass will be expensive to ship, but how much more than gas to go get them. Plus there is your time to consider too. I would probably just order them by mail and tack the difference on the price of the bottled syrup.;)

Mackdaddy
02-05-2011, 07:32 PM
I am a dealer just south of Columbus and deliver all throughout the Columbus, Cinci, and Dayton markets. Let me know if I can ever be of any assitance for any of your sugarin needs.