PDA

View Full Version : anyone know this property

peacemaker
12-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Great gentleman's farm. This property has a lot to offer including a hydroponic greenhouse that is all computerized, place to grow and raise mums that is all set up with irrigation, from the spring fed pond. Mature blueberry bushes and hundreds of aspragus plants. Walkin cooler. Fully equiped sugarhouse with all the sap leading into it by pipeline, sap from leased land. Nice woodshop. Woodboiler for the house. Generator that provided enough electricity for the entire property. Three bedroom home and additional trailer pad with seperate electricity. its in middlebury vt

maplwrks
12-30-2010, 12:26 PM
It's located north of Middlebury, on Rte 116. Sugarbush is on the east side of road and sugarhouse is on the west. All sap goes under road. Pretty good size greenhouse. The trailer pad is for a camper

Flat47
12-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Dibs!!!

(Couldn't resist and couldn't afford it if was for sale.)

peacemaker
12-30-2010, 05:22 PM
maplewrks it says the sugarbush has 1000 taps on leased land is there more taps ? and do u know what they are boiling on ?

802maple
01-01-2011, 01:37 PM
I believe it is a 4x12 oil fired evaporator. The RO is a older springtech with 4 inch membranes. I go by everyday and all of the tubing is taken down. The trees are rented from family members and I am not sure if there are more or not. You would have to put up new tubing as of now.

stoweski
01-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Do you think that the cement plant next door to the place would have any affect on the syrup? Check out google maps to see a view of the place. It looks really nice... until you see the operation across the street - looks like on both sides of the sugarbush if it's true that the bush is across the street from the shack.

802maple
01-01-2011, 10:15 PM
It is a gravel pit to the north and his cousins concrete business is the other side. It has been there for quite sometime and he has always made a good quality syrup. That sugarbush has been in handed down thru several generations

peacemaker
01-02-2011, 08:30 AM
always good to have a gravel pit close
and probally means a nice good thick slab under the sugarhouse... 802 any idea why he is selling out

Grade "A"
01-02-2011, 06:12 PM
always good to have a gravel pit close
and probally means a nice good thick slab under the sugarhouse... 802 any idea why he is selling out

I don't know for sure, but I heard that his family member that owns the trees is not letting him tap anymore. This is third hand info so take it with a grain of salt.