PDA

View Full Version : plug for stubbie spout

tuckermtn
12-26-2010, 04:35 PM
what is the best way to plug stubbie spouts (Leader in this case) We have some drops that have the T's with the 5/16 cups and want to be able to plug after we wash at the end of the season.

thanks.

Amber Gold
12-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Bascom's sells a red plug which works pretty good...cheap too. The sell another for more money, but I'm not sure if they work any better.

Thompson's Tree Farm
12-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Eric,
I have been replacing all of my cup T's when switching to stubbies because of that (switching the whole dropline). I know some of the guys are leaving the cups and planning on leaving the adapter on so it fits the plug. I would worry a bit about not thinking and putting the old adapter into the tree when I tapped (not that I ever do things without thinking:rolleyes:).
Doug

Brian Ryther
12-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Last season I left the cv's on the spouts and washed with vac and pluged the cv's into the cup tees. Last week, once I knew that winter was in full effect I went through and pulled all of the old cv's off the stubbies. It doesn't take long. About 200+ / hour. I figure that since it should be close to freezing temps until sugaring it is ok to leave the stubbies floating in the wind. There is no threat of bugs making there home in the spouts this time of year.

markct
12-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Eric,
I have been replacing all of my cup T's when switching to stubbies because of that (switching the whole dropline). I know some of the guys are leaving the cups and planning on leaving the adapter on so it fits the plug. I would worry a bit about not thinking and putting the old adapter into the tree when I tapped (not that I ever do things without thinking:rolleyes:).
Doug

yea i kinda had the same worry, so was thinking of glueing the old adaptor into the cup! either way i will just unplug the stubby so shouldnt be hard to remember

sapman
12-29-2010, 10:00 PM
I used the cv's to plug with like Brian, but most of mine came off throughout the year. After this season, I think I will replace all the drops with the new tees.