PDA

View Full Version : Scam product alert

Haynes Forest Products
12-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Dr Perkins is this the product that you spoke of. I was reading the newest Maple Trader and ran across this in the want ads. "Maple Syrup Filter will remove buddy flavor,makes dark syrup lite, make bad flavor good, does not add anything to maple syrup only removes bad taste.......Crater pure maple products...Shazam all is good life is worth living all can be corrected by a simple prosess........make crappy syrup and we can make it pure again with this wonder product:lol::lol:

DrTimPerkins
12-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Dr Perkins is this the product that you spoke of. I was reading the newest Maple Trader and ran across this in the want ads. "Maple Syrup Filter will remove buddy flavor,makes dark syrup lite, make bad flavor good, does not add anything to maple syrup only removes bad taste.......

That's the one. Totally illegal for use with maple in all jurisdictions of the U.S. and Canada. It actually does add some ions, as it is an ion-exchange resin. I've spoken with the gentleman who placed the ad. Hopefully he won't be trying to sell them any longer.

Haynes Forest Products
12-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Well he is advertising in the Maple News. Do we all need to show our displesure with the paper for allowing such advertising? Can he call his buisness Pure Maple products:mad: It is in the November December issue.

Bucket Head
12-25-2010, 11:15 PM
I beleive an ad in the Maple News runs automatically for two or three issues, or two or three months. So he may have taken Dr. Tim's advice but we still see the ad.

Steve

Haynes Forest Products
12-26-2010, 08:39 AM
I suppose a simple phone call to the guy will tell all we want to know. Maybe another thing we will need on our labels is the word Unadulterated. I only mean this as a way of ensuring that this prosess is not allowed to continue or work its way into the industry.