PDA

View Full Version : Smart Phone Users

mapleman3
12-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Just curious who out there uses a smartphone to catch up on the trader?

I myself am starting to do more admin from a Droid X... I couldn't easily do it from my blackberry storm 2 I had.

There is a program out there called tapatalk I have used on other forums, make it easy to use forums that have tapatalk installed.

3rdgen.maple
12-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Guess I dont know what to classify mine under in your pole. I use a Brigade. Not a ordinary cell. Pretty much bullet proof. Flips open with keyboard and have internet, navigation, mobile im, email,bluetooth etc etc. Darn thing will even read out loud your emails and text messages if your driving. You can even wash it in the sink when it gets dirty. I check the trader on it all the time and have posted with it as well.

Haynes Forest Products
12-17-2010, 10:41 PM
I dont even text on my phone. I called AT+T and said if I ever get a charge for a text ill cancel my phone. A MAN NEEDS TO KNOW HIS LIMITATIONS. When my phone stops working and I call for service they ask me if I ever droped my phone....WHAT.... its how far i throw it that matters.

waysidemaple
12-17-2010, 10:46 PM
I have the android Incredible....Mapletrader is my home page on my phone and computer. I wouldnt make it through half my classes without reading a little Mapletrader.

MartinP
12-18-2010, 04:40 AM
Droid 2 here.

Thompson's Tree Farm
12-18-2010, 05:00 AM
Hell, my dial phone just gave out a year ago:)

Dennis H.
12-18-2010, 07:15 AM
What the heck is a Smart Phone??
What does do, read your mind or wipe your butt?? It would be cool if it did both.

I just finally upgarded from the BRICK phone!:lol:

Honestly I only have a pay as you go phone for emergency calls. Don't get real dependable service in my area, and can't see my self paying $70 per month to call someone.

xyz5150
12-18-2010, 07:40 AM
When I get a new cell phone (only when the one i have is junk) I ask for 1 step better than a soup can and a string. I too have never sent a text.

red maples
12-18-2010, 07:44 AM
I have a samsung reality, kinda the lower level of the "computer" phones. I can do web surf and all the stuff 3rdgenmaple said its just a little slower than the droid and the like.

Tweegs
12-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Personally, I won’t have one, I have enough trouble as it is focusing my few remaining brain cells on any given task.

My wife, on the other hand, uses a Blackberry. From all the grousing I hear coming from her way, I take it she’s not overly impressed. Can’t give you any details on its shortcomings though, every time she starts to complain about it, it kind of sounds like Charlie Brown’s mother..(whomp, whomp…whomp-wa-wa-whomp).

OneLegJohn
12-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Company issued backberry curve. I only use it to surf mapletrader while I'm driving.

wegnerwelding
12-18-2010, 01:43 PM
HTC EVO here and love it. Just upgraded from the palm pre and is worlds better. I'm checking the trader every day.

farmall h
12-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Company issued 2008 Motorola.....every body else in the company has the latest and greatest Blackberry, Chocolate or whatever. I only talk on mine...that's why it is called a phone.:)

Grade "A"
12-18-2010, 07:18 PM
Company issued backberry curve. I only use it to surf mapletrader while I'm driving.

That's funny!

Farmboy
12-18-2010, 07:27 PM
I have an Env touch. I have used it to go on the trader but the Internet sux on it. I usully go on the trader with my iPod touch. The Internet and touch screen on it is great. I typed this with it. It even capitalizes letter for me and ffixes some spelling mistakes.

3rdgen.maple
12-18-2010, 09:31 PM
I have an Env touch. I have used it to go on the trader but the Internet sux on it. I usully go on the trader with my iPod touch. The Internet and touch screen on it is great. I typed this with it. It even capitalizes letter for me and ffixes some spelling mistakes.

Thats funny must be it does not fix ffixes.

Goggleeye
12-19-2010, 12:11 AM
Honestly I only have a pay as you go phone for emergency calls. Don't get real dependable service in my area, and can't see my self paying $70 per month to call someone.

Same here. Heck, $70 X 12 = $840. I think. That's more than enough money for taps and tubing for another 250 trees!

3rdgen.maple
12-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Business expense.

stoweski
12-19-2010, 06:12 AM
Figure this one out. I'm a technology teacher at a middle school in NY. You would think that a technology teacher would keep up on the latest & greatest technologies. Well, I do. But only by reading and talking to the kids in my classes who have these gadgets.

Me? I am happy using a cell PHONE as a PHONE. No texting, no internet, no pictures. Make and receive calls. That's it. As a matter of fact at $14.95/mo prepaid, I have one of the cheaper plans for a cell phone. Is my phone worth $14.95/month? I guess a better question is how much should I pay for insurance if I get stuck somewhere and need help?

One thing I absolutely hate is the cost of the services that are offered - cable, internet, landline phone, cell phone, dvd rental, etc. Add it all up at the end of the year and ask yourself, is all of it worth that much or should I just spend more time in my sugarshack... or with my family!

BoarsNest
12-19-2010, 06:24 AM
Droid 2 and yes I just started checking MapleTrader on it. Not while I'm driving, but that's an idea!