PDA

View Full Version : Adding recirculation pump

gmcooper
12-14-2010, 10:20 PM
How hard is it to add a recirc pump to an 300 gph RO? One I have been looking at does not have one and I know it will need one to maintain production levels. I assume with two vessels I can use one recirc pump or do I need one for each? I was thinking that a Procon series 5 pump would work as rated for 115 to 330 gph. A series 3 might be to small at 15-140 gph. Anyone have info on a good check valve that will work as well?
Thanks
Mark

danno
12-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Hi Mark - there is a thread on this issue from about a month or two ago, but interested to see where this one goes.

One of the problems that I was running into was that I believe the HP pump was running through the recirc pump before it hit the membranes? Thus, the recirc pump had to be beefy enough to withstand the pressure from the HP pump on the intake side. Looks like to pump you list is good up to 250 psi, may not be enough if I understand the "flow" configuration.

gmcooper
12-15-2010, 05:59 PM
I was thinking the 250lb rating would be ok on the Procon pump, as I believe the unit and membranes are rated at 225 lbs operating pressure. I could be wrong on that will have to check again.

shane hickey
12-23-2010, 10:05 PM
I was on the wrong tread, does anyone know you where I could buy a 3 phase recirculation pump? thanks shane