PDA

View Full Version : Who could make a copy of my syrup pan near NE Ohio?

heus
12-14-2010, 08:35 PM
I would love to have a second 2x2 syrup pan for my 2x6 Patrick Phaneuf evaporator, due to niter issues. I dont dare ask Patrick to make another one, due to wait time. Also, I think each evaporator he makes must be one of a kind because I think someone else on here (Brent?) had to send their syrup pan back to him to get an exact copy. I dont want to have to send mine all the way back to Quebec City. Is there anyone in NE Ohio or NW Pa that is good enough to make a functionally duplicate syrup pan? It wouldn't necessarilly have to look the same, just hook up to my current piping and function the same.

Sugarmaker
12-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Jason,
Thinking but cant come up with anyone in the area. What if you took some good pictures of your pan along with dimensioned sketches and asked Jim Schumaker (sp?) to give you a quote and timing?
Chris

maplemat1
12-14-2010, 09:32 PM
hues their is a couple amish around that could probly make a copy. will get the phone # in a few days

whalems
12-15-2010, 07:29 AM
Give Bill Mason a call. He does excellent work. http://www.wfmasonwelding.com/

Turtlecreek
12-15-2010, 08:39 AM
I know someone on here was talking about someone in north central pa near coudersport that is making nice pans. Jim Brown mak know he is over that way I think.

jasonl6
12-15-2010, 09:32 AM
A&A Metal Shop in ulysses pa (outside of coudersport) makes nice stuff. however everything is soldered. If you don't mind you can try them (or they can bend it up and you can have somone weld it for you.

A&A Metal Shop
Atlee D. Miller
464 Collins Hill Rd
Ulysses Pa 16948

Turtlecreek
12-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Thats the place, I couldn't remember if it was in Ulysses or Austin, but thats it. I have some menonites areound lewisburg that will weld them up fo a good price. I would think that there should be some Menonites over in Ohio that would be able to do the work too. Dan W. is over near Ohio, I knoe he had some work done over there because I have his old Half pint.

Jim Brown
12-15-2010, 09:44 AM
They make nice equipt. I have a hood that was made by them and it's top notch soldered work .

Jim

Sugarmaker
12-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Jason,
If you need welded seams, you might try Gene Davis sales and service in Erie Pa. They do custom fab work all tig welded. Phone 814-454-0131. Ask for Dave.
Regards,
Chris

sweetwoodmaple
12-15-2010, 11:23 AM
If these other sources don't work out, I have a source for the stainless sheet metal/bending, but the minimum thickness is 18 ga. I think most Evaporator pans are 20 to 22 ga thickness. I would draw it up in Solidworks for you if you brought the pan over so I could do the measurements.

You would then need someone to do the TIG work. I am not nearly good enough yet to attempt something that would be someone else's when finished! ;)