PDA

View Full Version : Ordered New Syrup Pan

Thiems sugarshack
12-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Just got the conformation email From WF Mason and I ordered a new 2 by 3 syrup pan for my 2 by 6 leader King Jr. Can't wait to use it this spring.Last year had to make a leader half pint work and it was nearly impossible to draw syrup for one the channel was to big and two I needed to put 1 inch tubing on the arch rails so the flues wouldnt hit the bottom of the arch with brick in it. I believe that the arch was for a shallow tin flue pan.All i need to do ist drop the sheetmetal an inch or two and take off the tubing and Im in bussines.Yesterday got the wood shed floor framed hopefully that will be done this weekend.Cant wait first year in the new Sugarhouse:D:D

maple connection
12-13-2010, 09:32 PM
I am thinking the same way you are, I helped produce syrup for 18 yrs but this is the year I'm going to try to make my own. 2x6 wood fired grimm. One 4" R.O. and building the 16x16 sap shack called the man-cave. I could use a new 2x4 raised flue pan. Where did you get yours from?
Kevin

Thiems sugarshack
12-14-2010, 01:39 PM
I bought my whole setup from a guy down the road.It came with a tin syrup pan and a stainless flue pan.Last year was my first year with it so i made a leader half pint pan work so I could use it.Bill Mason (WF Mason) is making me the front pan(syrup pan now) I have heard nothing but good comments about his work.